how many FJR in the world?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lele

Reaction score
Here in Italy very few
no.gif
no.gif
no.gif
no.gif

more BMW and Ducati

In another recent thread this was said:

Try 3,000 per year or so...at least in the U.S. I don't know for sure with Canada, but imagine there around the 1/9 or 1/10 ratio with population and add to numbers for even higher NA production well in excess of 3000.

Even though I've never gotten confirmed numbers for any one year it was relatively easy to figure out there were at least 8719 bikes made in a three year period from 2006-2008 via the NTSB ignition recall letters. It's sporadic, but I've included some reasonably considered production numbers for some years in the FJR Model Comparison Matrix and have yet to find anything more credible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not enough.

More FJRs could change the world as we know it.

How do I know this?

1. I ride an FJR and I've haven't been late for work even once in 11 years. Imagine an ecomomy bolstered by on-time workers.

2. My new boss, Principal Joens, rides one. Under his amazing leadership, our school is doing a much better job educating a economically challenged demographic.
smile.png
Just imagine if all the principals in America rode FJRs.

3. I'll betcha there's a politician somewhere in America that rides one too.That would demonstrate great wisdom. Imagine our nation if all the politicians... oops: I think I'm bordering on bending one of our rules.

4. You ride one: which makes you smile. Remember the saying that when you smile, the whole world smiles with you?

More FJRs could indeed change the world.

So it's true.

There's not enough.

Gary

darksider #44

Getting FJR owners to all form up at one time is worse than cat herding. All group pictures are missing at least 30% of the bikes in attendance. EOM Johnson City, EOM Lewisburg.

IMG_8030b_zpsa6de20f8.jpg

Img_7013.jpg

Why does it matter how many other people are smart enough to own an FJR, as long as you are?

I can't remember anyone ever accusing a lemming of being intelligent. ;)

the fewer the better...If I want to be part of a huge group of conforming non-conformists I'll buy a Harley...

I'm just glad enough are continuing to be sold in order that they still want to make them. I've had FJRs now since 2003...I plan to own one until like petey I have to resort to a lighter sporty BMW. May that day be a LONG DAY AWAY. :D