How many FJRs do you see on an average day?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To the OP original question......I seen no FJR's on an average day...other than mine sitting in the garage as I leave for work.
Now that you mention it, other than mine I don't think I've ever seen one down your way. I did see a '13 a couple yrs ago in Redline Power Sports but haven't been in there since.

Saw my first FJR while commuting in traffic today. Hwy 520 Westbound about 40th (Bellevue area) about 3:15PM in the cruising lane. The Cherry Red year, rider had a Silver 3/4 length jacket on. I was in my Majestic Blue '08 Altima 2.5 S as I managed to fracture a vertebrae several weeks ago and riding is out of the question. Driving should be out but I am a contractor ( IT Field Tech ) and unless I am in the office I don't get paid. Sucks but that is the way it is. Seattle sunshine today anyway most of the day with heavier showers just to make it interesting. I should be back in riding shape in a couple more weeks - I hope - and by then the weather should be getting pretty nice.

Well, funny thing is. My buddy let me test drive his and i fell in love with it. Month later I bought mine. Other than his and mine, I've never come across another in town.

Tire changing party at my place this morning...three five for sure!
--G
And thanks for that by the way.

I usually see two 13's every day parked around work. I'd have to take the day off to check each of the lots to really give a good count at my site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just riding around town and on trips for the last two years - never seen another one unless I'm at the Yammy Dealership. Saw more than a few at the big Progressive Bike Show in Dallas last year. That was cool.

As much as I researched them before buying one, it was easy for me to believe they were common. Such is not the case here. I see more RT's than I do FJR's. I'm in North Georgia.

Seen two yesterday, so I went riding with them for about 4 hours.
smile.png

(local FJR riders meet and ride on regular bases)

I am on the road a lot, mainly two lanes and some freeways in SE Arizona (rural hospice). I see 2-4 FJRs a month. I see many tour groups through the winter, most on Harleys or BMWs. Overall number one bike by far is the HD, probably followed by Gold Wings, a variety of Jap crisers and Victories....Usually see Spyder's everyday....and a Slingshot weekly. I see as many FJRs as Concours and once in a while a Duck...

While not really a bike, those Slingshots are ultra cool.
punk.gif
I pulled into work today on my bike and parked next to a brand spanking new Ducati Monster. Looks like he rode it to work from the dealership.

I prolly see Harleys the most 'round these parts, then GSs. Butt Sunday I went ta ride w/ a feller on a 2014; Man theyz beautiful out in the wild! Then we ran into BigDog on his '08, and as we wuz talk'in, a '05 went by. Then I saw another black one on the road. Dun seen 5 or 6 in one day!
party.gif

2 on April 1st. one in the morning about 7-8am on 485, silver fjr. One in the afternoon 5ish off providence rd in waxaw, blue fjr.