How many FJRs do you see on an average day?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see one most days, at least the days I step into my garage.

This is cruiser country, not many enlightened brethren here.

The Rapid City Yamaha dealer just shipped a 14 ES to a dealer in Minneapolis.

He still has a holdover 14 A model on his floor.

Somewhere between .1 and .2 per day I'd estimate here in my 54 mile round trip commute. I know there at least 5-6 different machines I've seen sharing the route but just don't see them too frequently.

I see maybe one or 2 a month other than my own. Always going other directions, often on side streets, and usually when I'm in my own cage running errands that aren't MC friendly. I'd love to get a bunch of us together to run up 89 and through Red Rock Canyon, but haven't made the time to try and coordinate it.

This weekend we had three FJR's in our group alone. I saw another one on the way home also. Popular bikes around Atlanta I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only seen one except for mine. We are quite close, residence wise. I live north of Atlanta, and my office is in Atlanta. I see lots of metric cruisers and HD's, and a fair number of BMW's. FJR's are scarce for me, and I put quite a few miles on.

Sounds like smithpa68 better ride past Bill Lumberg's house with his FJR posse!

This weekend we had three FJR's in our group alone. I saw another one on the way home also. Popular bikes around Atlanta I guess.
I've only seen one except for mine. We are quite close, residence wise. I live north of Atlanta, and my office is in Atlanta. I see lots of metric cruisers and HD's, and a fair number of BMW's. FJR's are scarce for me, and I put quite a few miles on.
I live on the 'near north side', but travel by car all over Georgia for work. I have only seen three or four FJRs during the past 2 years -- except for those I meet for rides.

There have been a few new Georgia-based Forum members in the past year, however. Could those be the ones you see and I don't?

Two more riding friends just bought FJRs too. Maybe I do have an FJR posse. lol. My wife just says I am a bad influence. I don't understand. :)

I rarely see them around here. I've only seen a few even during out-of-state trips. Sure see lots of Harleys though. For a bike that has been around as long as the FJR, and is so reliable, I'm suprised I don't see more on the road.

Here in Iowa, I rarely see a speed triple and I see those more often than fjr. Like others, a gazillion Harleys several beemers and usually a klr or two every day.

According to the July issue of Motorcyclist magazine, in the USA in 2014, there were 484,000 motorcycles sold, 271,000 of which were Harley Davidsons.

No wonder everybody sees tons of Harleys on the road.

Last Thursday and Friday I had some personal business to take care of and I rode into work instead of driving the commuter van. In the lot I parked in there were four besides mine. Inside the gate I usually see two parked every day parked in the same little nooks. As this thread has evolved I have often thought it would be fun to take a good look at all the MC lots (10 to 15?) on the outside of the fence and check around inside the fence and see how many FJR's I might find.

That would take to much time so it will not happen.

Wait... you guys have MC LOTS?! It's been over 10 years and we just got upgraded to 2 spots reserved for MC. They're both covered, and on an annoying slope, but they're a little closer to the door and actually covered by security cameras. Our old spot was a small concrete pad next to the bicycle racks, which had more room than riders. Probably wouldn't have been so bad if half the numbnuts that ride in knew how to park. Full baggers, at an angle, taking up enough space for 2 other bikes to park if they'd straightened out and tightened up. I have very little faith the new spots will offer an improvement in that area. OT, I thought I saw an FJR the other day, but yesterday on my way out to the smoking area, I got a better look at it and it turns out it was a C14.

We don't have smoking area's anymore on company property although I smell it plenty in the lots outside the fence. Although I don't smoke any more I always thought they should have had a dozen or so smoking area's for those that do.

In the nearly 2 months I've had it, I have seen one other. It was a guy who came up behind me entering the gate to Hurlburt Field and yelled "nice bike" at me. The local dealer thinks of it as somewhat of a novelty, so I assume they're relatively uncommon in the area..

Seldom used to see any, but now I seem 'em on most every ride.

They seem to be multiplying rapidly.

tribbles_zpsiujkmer8.jpg