How old are you FJR riders?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I gave my wife a convertible, she hardly ever rides with me, anymore. The kids are all big teenagers (or grown), and they've quit riding with me. Rarely do I carry a passenger, since last year.

26, and about half of my time with my girl on the back. She's down for scraping pegs too, as long as I'm not going tooo fast while doing it.

63, currently no SO [but who knows what's up the road], so nearly always a solo rider. If there were a steady wannabee pillion in my life she'd be heavily encouraged to become a pilot, since as big as I am between me & a touring load the bike is about maxxed, ...besides, I don't really enjoy two-up anyway.

In every one of the 'how old are you' polls I've been in highest percentage age bracket. During my first 10 or so years of riding it was all strictly solo. Now I ride alone during the week and two up on the weekends. That amounts to riding two up roughly 75% of the miles I've ridden. At this point my wife has probably ridden >240 thousand miles as a pillion B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I gave my wife a convertible, she hardly ever rides with me, anymore. The kids are all big teenagers (or grown), and they've quit riding with me. Rarely do I carry a passenger, since last year.
:yahoo:

I am 35 and did the convertible trick too so now only 5% of the time does she accompany me.

35. Mostly solo though the wife will accompany from time to time. Actually did a 2 up 275 mile loop together yesterday: Santa Monica>Gorman>Cuyama> the 33 to Ojai>PCH back to Santa Monica. Nice run, hwy 33 is fun in that part.