How old are you FJR riders?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How strange. I am 53, often ride my 06FJR to work, and I own a loaded 2008 Miata MX5 with the power retractable hardtop.

Yes, but does your PRHT MX5 match your bike?

2240249000086768460S600x600Q85.jpg

KM

I'm 49 and my high school sweatheart just a couple less. I try to get the old chick up behind me as often as she would like. We're kind of a team with the bike. But I would say it's rode about 90% of the time by me alone.
The one thing that sucks when she's on the back is the wierd air from behind that twists my head around. I sometimes ride with my head on my shoulder, so i have to lower the wind shield and kill more bugs with my face shield.

Share the time with your wife it's the right thing to do, besides you get her to press her boobs in your back.

thats not her as the avitar
Well, if she's not your wife, post up a bigger better pic then! Hell, even if she is your wife, post up!

I have a 05 . Had my wife on the back going zero mph i put my left foot down without looking and there was a 18 inch decline or a small ditch yep we went down .And that was in 05 she has not been on it since .

39 and wife won't ride til both boys are 18 in fear of something happening to both of us. I know many other arguments against that but she won't budge. 7 years to go!
buy her something very nice for Mother's Day - she is obviously a great mother!

Fifty three and she rides with me ninty percent of the time.

I've only dropped seven times over the years. Every time her fault somehow.

I'm 40. 100% solo.

I don't count the bike as a mid-life crisis as I've wanted one my whole life. As a kid, my dad wouldn't let me have one. Got married young, wife wouldn't let me have one. When gas hit >$4/gal, I finally won my argument (see, you must never give up). I bought a backrest for the day when my wife finally agrees to either go with me, or at least let one of the kids go with me (two boys, now 16 and 13). I would love the company, and wouldn't feel guilty on weekends rides for leaving the family behind.

Oh, and I've put over 14k miles on in the little less then a year I've been riding. :D

67. She does not ride any more since she spent a month with me in the hospital recovering from my accident and helping me with my therapy for two years. Been back on for a year now and rode 20k the first year back so I'm very happy to be riding again.

I'm 46, have had 11 diffrent bikes and 3 wives. Wife #1 rode with me 10%, wife #2 1%, wife # 3 is perfect. She rides with me 85-90% of the time, she loves to go fast and is not afraid when I stick it off into turns. Doesn't go into panick mode when shit gets crazy or the front wheel comes off the ground when you hammer it on to freeway on ramps. She's done a number of 4-500 mile days and still comes back for more. I bought my "07ae in july of "08 and have over 8000 miles on the bike, almost all of them with my wife. I feel truly lucky to be able to share this passion in my life with this beautiful woman. :yahoo:

54, sh*t 55, just had a birthday. 100% Solo.

Been married a few times and I own a Hair Salon and deal with women all day long and frankly, I bought this bike to be away from women and to be a solo exercise.

Love my wife, but love my time alone even more.

Hi There:

49 (young) years here, and 100% solo. My wife of 27 yrs figures when I ride, she gets to shop and do her part to keep the economy improving.

Got my license at 15 1/2 with a Kawasaki 100 enduro, and have enjoyed every mile since!

See ya on the road and/or troutstream.

biknflyfisher

37 and the wife has her own, so very rarely ride 2 up. I give the occasional rides here and there, but that's about it.

I have to say, it's great to see so many "biologically mature" riders out there, nice to know that in 40 years I can still be riding.

I'm 46, have had 11 diffrent bikes and 3 wives. Wife #1 rode with me 10%, wife #2 1%, wife # 3 is perfect. She rides with me 85-90% of the time, she loves to go fast and is not afraid when I stick it off into turns. Doesn't go into panick mode when shit gets crazy or the front wheel comes off the ground when you hammer it on to freeway on ramps. She's done a number of 4-500 mile days and still comes back for more. I bought my "07ae in july of "08 and have over 8000 miles on the bike, almost all of them with my wife. I feel truly lucky to be able to share this passion in my life with this beautiful woman. :yahoo:
If you get rid of this one too --- have her call me. LOL

37 and the wife has her own, so very rarely ride 2 up. I give the occasional rides here and there, but that's about it.
I have to say, it's great to see so many "biologically mature" riders out there, nice to know that in 40 years I can still be riding.
Only if you

1-Keep in shape

2-ATGATT

3-Get a "Deer Whistle"

4-Pay attention

Only if you

1-Keep in shape

2-ATGATT

3-Get a "Deer Whistle"

4-Pay attention

5-Change out your CCT after 27 years.

Latest posts