How old are you FJR riders?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be 63 in 5 weeks, wife has been 39 for 20+ years, and she's on the back 40% of the time. A good (bad!) point with the AE, no more helmet banging, nor boobs in the back when shifting. Plus the 1150RT pillion is closer to the pilot than the FJR, which assists in the 2 touchy-feelies.

When asked, I claim 29...(AGAIN). In reality I just had my 38th bday, although, I STILL maintain that I turn 29 every year!!!

Weekedays when I commute I'm SOLO.

Weekends, the FJR doesn't get ridden unless the wife and I are 2UP...giggity!

I maintain the FJR was an "US" purchase to the spousal unit. But we all know better. ;)

DISCLAIMER: "My opinion is subject to change without notice"

I'm 62 and my wife is 63. Except when I'm using the bike to go to work, I'm always two up. My wife lovesit; very comfortable.

:yahoo: 45 and rarely 2 up - Drains the Super out of Super Sport - I just received (as a gift from a dying Uncle) a 1999 Honda Hornet 250 (Never sold in U.S.) - Fun little bike. My wife is now signed up for the MSF course and says she wants to ride with me. We'll see how all that goes -

I just (against the recommendations from some on this forum) installed a new titanium Two Bros system. LOVE IT!!! Shaved 20 pound off the bike and they look and sound great!

Also put the Michelin Road Pilot 2's on - LOVE THEM!! The stock Bridgestones were getting weird at only 5K -

Road Ready!!!!!!

60 and about 25% so far but I've only had the bike for two weeks and my honey is an avid rider....that's why she gave the "OK" :yahoo: to get another bike cause my Thruxton is a single seater.

I'm 33. When the urge to go wild gets to me, I take my R1 out of the garage.

Bought the FJR for the wife to ride pillion with me, she went on three runs and lost interest. So now I have two bikes. Actually a waste of money, but what can I do.

Very long long trips I take the FJR. Just playing around in the Mountain Passes here I ride my R1.

Since I gave my wife a convertible, she hardly ever rides with me, anymore. The kids are all big teenagers (or grown), and they've quit riding with me. Rarely do I carry a passenger, since last year.
I will 50 in a couple of months and the wife rarely rides. As a matter of fact I rarely ride.

Latest posts