How to disable auto windsreen return

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aloha,

I had an accident that broke the windscreen arms. I replaced the arms and the moment that I turned the ignition off the windscreen motor attempted to lower to far and broke the two new arms. Any suggestion?

I have since attempted to disconnect the auto return as per the forum but it did not work on my 2004 FJR.

I disconnected the white plug as per the diagrams on the forum only to find that it disconnected the windscreen motor completely. No up nor down. Any suggestions, please.

Mahalo, Peter

If you're patient, it will disable itself
smile.png
. And, yes, my instrument panel melted after I left the windshield extended in the sun. I wish it would auto-retract again. WBill

IF the windscreen did not stop at the proper position, it might not be an auto-retract issue, it may be that what ever mechanism (microswitch? mechanical stop?) was damaged in the drop too. This is why the shield did not stop with the auto-retract, it may not stop if the 'down' were held mannually also. I would be looking along those lines.

Good Luck.

Latest posts