I guess I'm going to have a little more time for riding now.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations Kevin. I retired from Honeywell last year but picked up a part-timer at a golf course just to keep myself occupied. Being at home 24/7 is not my idea of fun retirement. The 'free golf perk' helps also. It is definitely nice to have the freedom to pick & choose what you want to do on a daily basis now. Enjoy!!

Congratulations Kevin. I retired from Honeywell last year but picked up a part-timer at a golf course just to keep myself occupied. Being at home 24/7 is not my idea of fun retirement. The 'free golf perk' helps also. It is definitely nice to have the freedom to pick & choose what you want to do on a daily basis now. Enjoy!!
I always thought that mowing the lawn at a golf course would be a good retirement gig. Less "peoply" But now as I close in on it, it is even starting to sound like a job.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Mudslide Miller" data-cid="1378483" data-time="1504898320"><p>

Congratulations Kevin. I retired from Honeywell last year but picked up a part-timer at a golf course just to keep myself occupied. Being at home 24/7 is not my idea of fun retirement. The 'free golf perk' helps also. It is definitely nice to have the freedom to pick & choose what you want to do on a daily basis now. Enjoy!!</p></blockquote>

That's my dream Gary - are you mowing grass or scooping up range balls? I think I want the latter - I get a kick out of the idea of people trying to hit me in the little cart with the chicken wire cage.

Kevin, you know I love making fun of firefighters, but never on their retirement. Don't worry about the picture. I also hate it when they make me take a uniform picture like that. Haha...

Congratulations Kevin! 31 years is a long run! It's especially a long run when it comes to keeping your sanity. Nice work! Enjoy your newly found free time, and use it wisely. I'm happy for you man. Now, get a dirt bike and come down here. We have enough great riding to last a week!! AND beer, we have lots of beer. A new brewery is popping up every two weeks!

I always thought that mowing the lawn at a golf course would be a good retirement gig. Less "peoply" But now as I close in on it, it is even starting to sound like a job.
I agree, but I work in the pro shop in the a/c so it's not really any work. You definitely just have to find something you 'enjoy' doing after retirement.

Kevin, Ask Zilla what Firefighters and Police Officers have in common.... they both want to be Firefighters.

You should look into being a FEMA reservist. They love retired firefighters. Money's good with all the overtime and per diem; you can probably get by with working one or two months a year. I'm headed south to the Irma or Harvey area in a couple of weeks.

Congrats!

I have the same year model. Never thought of it as "Fire Engine" red but the color certainly matches.

Ride safe and enjoy NOT going to work...

S

Congrats Kevin, and like you said you will have a bit more time to ride.

And with that garage of toys it tough to enjoy them all, as much as THEY deserve.

So you think you'll have more time to ride? Ha. Since retiring it seems I get suckered into every volunteer thing that shows up (nobody else will do it ... please, please, please) I'm barely getting in 3,000 miles per year these days and have not taken a single worthwhile trip since I bought the FJR 4 years ago. Always some obligation or other.

Congrats Kevin. We've never met because I'm always too busy working. :) Like many others counting down the days on this thread, I'm nearing retirement and plan on pulling the plug in the first quarter of 2019. Just trying to decide whether getting 30 years in is important enough to wait a few months or just stop on January 1st. ;)

I can go as early as July 1, 2019, and may work as long as 3 years thereafter.

But I doubt it......

bike.gif

Whoa - I was off the grid last week and missed this.

Congratulations, Kevin! After 31 years of doing anything, especially what you have been doing, retirement is well-earned.

Enjoy!

Congratulations! Buddy! Looks like will get to put a dent in the beer supply in Jemison, AL.

Heck through a blue light, a fire extinguisher and a can of band-aids on that bike, that could make a quick first responder vehicle.. lol

Seriously, I know a lot of firemen/first responders, emt's ect... I raise my glass to all of you. THANK YOU.

[img=[URL="https://photos.smugmug.com/My-First-Gallery/i-DVp8nMd/0/f2ea27ef/X2/Retirement%20pic-X2.jpg%5D"]https://photos.smugmug.com/My-First-Gallery/i-DVp8nMd/0/f2ea27ef/X2/Retirement%20pic-X2.jpg][/URL]I sure look unhappy and crabby for someone that doesn't have to work anymore.
The look on your face was probably due to the fact that you had to brave those icy triple digit winds, something you guys call winter up there. I used to manage the EMS helicopter at Fargo and Murphy always seemed to run the schedule, having me do base visits in January! Congrats on the retirement, as noted, you'll be so busy that you'll wonder how you had time to work!

Latest posts