I have an odd issue with my center stand

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauren_TK

Reaction score
Well, it's not the center stand per se, but rather my inability to get the bike up on it with my broken shoulder. I could do it easily before the injury, but now I can't.

My wife has tried, but she is 5' 2" and not particularly strong.

Does the community have any suggestions? It's going to be at least four more weeks before I'm allowed to ride, and I'd like to get the bike off the side stand.

Try using your other arm, if possible. Most of the lift should be from stepping (all your weight, standing on that one foot) on the stand.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd take Niehart up on his offer. Don't reinjure yourself on something as dumb as the c-stand. Honestly, being on the side stand won't hurt it, but whatever makes you happy.

Why do you want to get it off the side stand? Can someone explain what difference it makes?

It might save a little bit more room in the garage would be my guess. Then again I could be wrong once more.

Have a great day,

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
About the only time I put mine on the center stand is for maintenance or when I'm loading/unloading for a trip. I put those canyon cages on last summer in that group buy and find grabbing the rear bar helps get it up much much better. My shoulders are shot too so that pulling action to get it on the center stand is bad sometimes.

Good luck!

About the only time I put mine on the center stand is for maintenance or when I'm loading/unloading for a trip. I put those canyon cages on last summer in that group buy and find grabbing the rear bar helps get it up much much better. My shoulders are shot too so that pulling action to get it on the center stand is bad sometimes.
Good luck!
+1, Gunny; I also use the Canyon Cages rear bar to put my FJR on the center stand, makes the process so much easier! jes' sayin' and nuff said!

I hear it all the time... "Hey KJ, stop over so we can catch up, I have the beer on ice"

I'm a sucker especially with "beer" thrown in... hint, hint ;)

Does not the government have a program for these sort of situations? Would not this be considered critical home care under the new health law?

Have your wife stand at the back end of the bike and pull up and back as you lift it on to the center stand.

- Level the bike and push the center stand down until both legs are just touching

- Right hand under the seat, left hand on left grip (just to steady the bike)

- Facing the bike, right leg bent applying pressure on the center stand lever, press down with your leg

- By using your leg you need only slight lift with your right arm

I generally always use my center stand, easier to fuel and check the oil. Good luck.

Canadian FJR