I'm thinking Gen 4 doesn't have TPMS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May I be so bold as to ask if the FOBO sensors would work on my 90 degree valve stems, and without any interference? Please forgive my effrontery.
No, they wont. The rear will, but the front will not clear the brake rotors on a 90 degree stem unless you turn it in line with the center of the wheel, but then whats the point of having. 90 degree stem in that position.
Get the Tee stems so you can put the sensor at the top and turn the other leg out to the right side. That lets you leave the sensor locked on the stem and add air when needed without dicking with the sensor. Best of both worlds...

I've convinced myself I will just check my tire pressure the old fashioned way on the FJR. I check pressure before every ride anyway anyway and by the time I see the pressure dropping to a dangerous level while on the road, maybe it's too late?

I may get a set for maxi-scoot just for grins and giggles. It has stock valve stems.

I appreciate the feedback!

it is sure nice being able to monitor a repair on the road too.

fobo here too, installed last spring, but they were completely dead the last ride of the year

hope it's just batteries last i checked battery levels 1 was down 1 bar in the app, both green.

The 2018 FJR, like every FJR1300 model year, does not have a TPMS, no.
Thanks Warchildand and Heen, I appreciate you taking the time to provide an answer.
punk.gif

Seem other here simply want to express there opinion or tell me what I need, don't need, and how I should spend my money. I expected more from this community.
nea.gif

For the record..... I've ridden all over NA many times, including Colorado, was last there in 2016 on my way to visit a friend in Couer d'Alene, then onto Banff, B. C., ect.. then back to Florida. For 7 years, until 2016, I kept a bike in Germany and would spend 8-10 week touring most of Europe, mostly the Alpine countries, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Italy, even had a romp on the ring.

Been on two wheels for almost 60 years, in retirement riding 20-15K miles annually. About to celebrate the 44 anniversary of my 30th birthday so I may be slowing down sometime soon. I believe TPM is a very import safety feature and has proven to be valuable to me. Two of my current bike have a TPM system, a '15 GSA and a '15 R1200R, they are my go rides for big get aways. The Guzzi V7III Special and Honda 500X do not have TPMS and are used mostly for daily rides, but I did do a fly/ ride to pick up the Guzzi in Ct. and explore the NE, then ride it home to Florida in September 2017.

The conclusion....... it I've got enough riding experience to know what's best for me and no worries about gas and tires. Life is GOOD, VERY GOOD in retirement.
bike.gif

Paul

Paul,

We are delighted to know TPMS is a critical item for you. Are we to surmise the "44 anniversary of my 30th birthday" is code for your age, 74??

I am 75 years old and have been riding motor bikes since age 15 and never had one with TPMS. Now I know what I have been missing.

Art
This kind of response is exactly why I come to this forum. Oh and I have a FJR too..
no.gif

If I rode and lived in Florida, I'd be grumpy too..

JUST KIDDING!

I wouldn't mind adding one but I use right-angle valve stems and their "T" valve looks stupid. I wish there was an internal version, or someone made a low-profile T valve. I change my own tires so an internal system would be my preference,,
Yep, flat and straight, warm and sunny in winter, too hot in the summer, Nut'n's perfect. Dahlonega is just 597 miles up the road. I can leave home after breakfast and be at Peublos in downtown Dahlonega in time for dinner and a XX on tap, Life is good!!!!
grin.gif

Paul
What is XX on tap? Is that a factory lawn mower beer with a Mexican label??
rolleyes.gif

May I be so bold as to ask if the FOBO sensors would work on my 90 degree valve stems, and without any interference? Please forgive my effrontery.
No, they wont. The rear will, but the front will not clear the brake rotors on a 90 degree stem unless you turn it in line with the center of the wheel, but then whats the point of having. 90 degree stem in that position.
Get the Tee stems so you can put the sensor at the top and turn the other leg out to the right side. That lets you leave the sensor locked on the stem and add air when needed without dicking with the sensor. Best of both worlds...
Actually, they can work if'n ya rotate 'em so they're like 45 degrees to the wheel. Did that 'til it was time to replace front tire. :toothless