• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Important Update for 4" Fuego Off-Road Lights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyway

Reaction score
IMPORTANT UPDATE FOR 4" FUEGO OFF-ROAD LIGHTS

Dear Valued Customer,

In our continuing effort to provide you with the best possible products for your off-road vehicles, we are issuing this update bulletin for our Fuego series of performance off-road lighting. Recently it has come to our attention that when used over an extended period of time in extremely wet conditions, water can penetrate the Fuego o-ring seal allowing small amounts of moisture to accumulate behind the lens.

To solve this, we are providing upgraded o-rings to better seal your lights along with detailed installation instructions. These o-rings are provided at no charge. Note that this update only pertains to the Spot, Driving, and Wide-Driving patterns. It does not pertain to the Wide-Cornering pattern. Also, if you have Soltek clear Lexan guards installed on your Fuego lights, water cannot enter as the guard also serves to seal them.

If you do not feel comfortable performing this task yourself, please send or bring your lights to the address shown below to have this service performed at no charge. Please include your full name, return address, daytime phone number, & email address. We will turn them around in approximately 1 business day. Actual shipping charges will apply.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at 760.560.2252 or [email protected].

Thank you,

Soltek Lighting Systems by Baja Designs Inc.

Baja Designs Inc.

185 Bosstick Blvd.

San Marcos CA, 92069

Note: Installation instructions will be included with the new O-rings. If you would like to recieve them via e-mail to determine whether or not you wish to perform the upgrade yourself please contact: [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Soooo, we contact them directly?
Mikee, go to the head of the class! Your reading comprehension skilz are awesome!

I sent in my request. It's good to see Baja stepped up , based on our extensive testing in Park City and the Iron Butt Rally!

I'm SOOOO glad I got these lights. They kick serious ass! (and in daytime, when they're turned off, people seem to get out of my way more. Maybe it's the red trim rings?)

I have the clear lexan lens so if I read the instruction correctly, I do not need to change O rings, correcto??
Take a seat next to Mikee!

Have you run the lights with those covers on? I didn't like the light cast back at me from the fiber optic effect, so I recommend a black paint pen run across the edges of the covers.

I have the clear lexan lens so if I read the instruction correctly, I do not need to change O rings, correcto??

Have you run the lights with those covers on? I didn't like the light cast back at me from the fiber optic effect, so I recommend a black paint pen run across the edges of the covers.

I find that wrapping black electrical tape around the edges works well - and secures the covers onto the lights. Granted, you have to replace the tape now and then - but that's ok. Tape's cheap.

I find that wrapping black electrical tape around the edges works well - and secures the covers onto the lights. Granted, you have to replace the tape now and then - but that's of. Tape's cheap.
So am I. That's why I didn't buy the covers. They hide my uber cool red trim rings, anyway.

Yep, sure have. As I have the Yamaha knuckle covers over my mirrors on my 06, the left light is shielded by the cover, but I can see the right lexan ring illuminated at night. so far it has not been a nuisance if it does I will tape it up as Kaitsdad has done.

I find that wrapping black electrical tape around the edges works well - and secures the covers onto the lights. Granted, you have to replace the tape now and then - but that's ok. Tape's cheap.
I did this on mine on the way to/from St. Louis for the IBR finish, tape lasted about a day in the hot summer sun. Once I get the tape goop cleaned off the lights and the covers I'm going to paint the trailing edge of the covers. YMMV.

I sent an email to Baja Designs and got an almost instant response stating the o-rings would be shipped out today. :clapping:

Send an email to Chris Chapman at Baja Designs, address is [email protected]. He sent mine out the same day I requested them, and then sent an instruction document when they forgot to put it in the box. If somebody wants to see the instuction document drop me a PM with your email address and I'll send it along.

Oh joy....

From my most recent request for the O-rings from the Chris Chapman email account:

Please contact Skyway regarding this issue. We sent them 15 sets of O-rings to supply to customers who purchased the lights from them. If there is any problem let me know I will send them to you directly but we have mailed new rings to our customers so if we didn’t have your customer information then you won’t have received them from us and need to contact Skyway. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.
Chris

Oh joy....
From my most recent request for the O-rings from the Chris Chapman email account:

Please contact Skyway regarding this issue. We sent them 15 sets of O-rings to supply to customers who purchased the lights from them. If there is any problem let me know I will send them to you directly but we have mailed new rings to our customers so if we didn’t have your customer information then you won’t have received them from us and need to contact Skyway. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.
Chris
Well I know where this is going to go..... :lol:

I sent an E-Mail to info-at-bajadesigns the middle of last month and got a query back to confirm 2-4" lights then they sent the gaskets out.