Installed HyperLites on my 2015

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lowcountry Joe

Reaction score
I wanted a little better presence on the rear of my FJR in order to be more visible to approaching traffic. There are lots of good solutions out there. I elected to go with HyperLites and their 3-way module. This module provides running lights, a flashing (or non-flashing if you prefer) brake light, and signal/emergency flashing lights. The kit comes complete with PosiTaps that allow for a quick and mechanically sound tap to all existing brake, signal, and switched power wires.

I removed the rear luggage rack and of course the rear cowling to better access the rear bulb sockets and their respective wiring. Installation instructions were straight forward, with wire coloration for Yamaha clearly identifed in the instruction sheet to facilitate power distribution to all appropriate wire leads of the HyperLite module.

The lights attach with 3M double-sided adhesive strips, so be sure you clean the attachment surface with alcohol and know where you want to attach these babies. Once attached, they stick like glue, so be careful.

Here's a link to the manufacturers site:

https://www.hyperlites.com/3way.html

Here's a link to a You Tube video I shot to show you how they look. This was taken at dusk, so I plan to take another video in the daylight for comparison and will come back here and edit/add the daylight video link. The angle of the camera tends to make one look a little brighter than the other, but they are the same brilliance. One other thing, the camera also tends to indicate some kind of "flicker" with the LEDs, that's just a camera thing because when they are on, they are steady-on with no flicker at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
These were one of the first things I added. Love em!

I opted for the license plate mounting bracket, lights are just to the sides of the plate.

Last edited by a moderator:
These were one of the first things I added. Love em!
I opted for the license plate mounting bracket, lights are just to the sides of the plate.
Same here, including the mounting position. If I had it to do over again, I would have opted for the turn signals too. I just got the running/brake version. Of course, I now also have the Admore kit in my Givi top box, so if you're behind me, you really can't miss my turn or brake signals! Unless you're texting...

Had mine installed when it was taken out of the crate and like them a lot!! Went with running lights and constant flash when the brake is on. They've been working great for three season.

I installed 8 hyperlites on my vstrom. Four in back (one flash/brake/running and one 3 way on either side). In front I have two amber running lights and two smaller turn signal lights. Three years and 25,000 miles later they are holding up well.

Plan to do the same to my FJR. Too lazy so far to check for the wires. I will try to take inspiration from your results.