Is the new Beemer not fugly?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toecutter

What would DoG do?
Reaction score
k1300gt.jpg

Maybe it looks better in person?

Would certainly look outstanding en Casa de Stanley en El Barrio del Chandler alongside other two BMW's of BeemerDonS!!!

Take a test ride on it Toe; really out accelerates my Lucy Liu, 2003 FJR. Handling is about the same as my Feejer and the brakes are outstanding. The only thing that keeps me from pulling the buying trigger is it is the same final drive as before.

With top end speed and grunt through the gears, looks could certainly grow on me. But not until BMW AG addresses F.D.'s!

The sheer cost and the laundry list of (seemingly) unresolved problems is what kept me away. I picked up my used '06 FJR for about 1/3 the price.

To each his own though.

To me... same as it ever was.

I've though that the BMW styling has looked fugly since they went to the scalloped out rear cases in 2006.

Is that not (bad) form over function, or what? What possible purpose is there in chopping off the rear end of the bags?

And the rest of the design changed for the worse at that time too, IMO. It got all angular, sharp edges. I like the older swoopy, curvey look much better.

Good looking:

default.jpg

Bad looking:

2006-BMW-K1200GTa-small.jpg

The sheer cost and the laundry list of (seemingly) unresolved problems is what kept me away. I picked up my used '06 FJR for about 1/3 the price.
To each his own though.

To me... same as it ever was.
Was?!

Keine BMW in die hinterlanden?!

Was ist los?!

;)

What's wrong with you pups? That is one fucking beautiful motorcycle. So, you like to think yer prudes with yer cash and what not. But, in the end you still spend oodles of cash on farkles and many clams upon clams to go to "ride" events where all the other schmucks are .....yapping about..."oh, I have this farkle and that farkle"....

klowns.

Wheaton,

(For you native German speakers, this is my best kindergarten German. I know the punctuation, capitalization, and gramatik are wrong.)

Meine frau wolte eigentlich eine R1200GS Adventure haben. Trotz BMW US Military discount und ohne extras, es war immer noch $16,500. Koffer, electronik krims-kram usw und es ist leicht über die $22K linie.

(For the rest of you)

My wife actually wanted the R1200GS Adventure. Even though there was a US military discount the, price without any extras was still $16,500. Add bags the electronics packages and so on and it became easily $22K or more.

Too rich for my blood. I could have just about gotten the new V-Max, and my FJR for that price.

Servus!

Lee

I agree with Fred...the styling has been getting worse. However, I think the Rockster has to take the cake for fugliest.

20081215bikepics-1510033-800.jpg

Wheaton,
(For you native German speakers, this is my best kindergarten German. I know the punctuation, capitalization, and gramatik are wrong.)

Meine frau wolte eigentlich eine R1200GS Adventure haben. Trotz BMW US Military discount und ohne extras, es war immer noch $16,500. Koffer, electronik krims-kram usw und es ist leicht über die $22K linie.

(For the rest of you)

My wife actually wanted the R1200GS Adventure. Even though there was a US military discount the, price without any extras was still $16,500. Add bags the electronics packages and so on and it became easily $22K or more.

Too rich for my blood. I could have just about gotten the new V-Max, and my FJR for that price.

Servus!

Lee
Your kindergarten german is better than mein. :D

The motorcycle itself looks fine. But, that cardboard box fairing is nothing to stir desire.

Lee, Your German is perfectly understandable. Are you stationed at Kaiserslautern? Was in US Army 5/32nd Artillery Battalion stationed in Augsburg, Germany from 1968-1970. Would have to go on assignment to K-Stadt frequently and would pass thru Krickenbach. Fired 105mm towed howitzers. USA still training at Grafenwoehr? Basically lived at GRAF!!!

Be happy odot, at least your NHL team is in contention! I went to jobing.com arena on 2/7 and watched the Carolina Hurricanes hand my Phoenix Coyotes their asses; it has been downhill for "The Desert Dogs" ever since then. 55pts in Western Conference. I have tickets to watch them play Los Angeles this Saturday night, I'm bringing along a barf bag!

The only thing I don't like is the slab lowers. Something to break up that flat peice of cardbord.

Oh, and "Ich bein ein Berliner" Two years, 42 Engineers, Berlin Brigade, from 1976 to 78. Good times, there.

Lee, Your German is perfectly understandable. Are you stationed at Kaiserslautern? Was in US Army 5/32nd Artillery Battalion stationed in Augsburg, Germany from 1968-1970. Would have to go on assignment to K-Stadt frequently and would pass thru Krickenbach. Fired 105mm towed howitzers. USA still training at Grafenwoehr? Basically lived at GRAF!!!
Danke. Es geht runter wie öl.

I work for the Department of the Army as a Civilian. I work in Pirmasens which is about 30KM from K-Town. The US does still use Grafenwöhr extensively. Matter of fact I was assigned in Vilseck for 9 years 95-04. I loved it there and I wish the job that I have now was there!

In a previous life I was an 11B stationed in Baumholder. We basically lived in Graf/Hohenfels too. Ironically Baumholder is right up the road from me now.

Lee

Last edited by a moderator:
Love to try one, but way out of my price range. Plus the final drive issue & bag volume.

Vie schon K-slaughter ist, ich finde Freiburg bis Frederichshafen ganz toll.

Hat ich mit fluglinie LTU gearbeitet & in DUS gewohnt, plus heimat fur mein frau ist immer Rheinhausen (Duisburg). Shade alle ist so versheiden jetzt.

My dad just upgraded his 2000 R100RT to a 2007 R1200RT. I have yet to ride it but it actually looks pretty nice IMHO, better than the older RT's.

Looks just like this:

2007_biarritz_blue.jpg

Sitting on it, you can see/feel some FJR influence. It's still no FJR but for an old guy, who cares not about money, I think it will be just fine for him.

-MD