It's about MILLER TIME again!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warchild

Benevolent Dictator
Reaction score
This will be the third consecutive year that my daughter Lauryn and I have made the trek to Miller Motorsports Park to watch World Superbike races:

Miller_1.jpg

And for the third consecutive year, she will be riding her mighty, mighty Kawasaki Ninja, and I'll be on the crusty old 'Busa warhorse:

StartFuel.jpg

Sadly enough, the weather is once again looking uncooperative, at least for the 700-mile ride down, and the first two days of qualifying. I wish the WSB schedule would allow this race to happen just a few weeks later at Miller, because frequently, the northern Utah inter-mountain weather in the late spring can be very problematic. When it's nice at Miller Motorsports Park, well.... it is definitely the place to be:

Utah1021.JPG

But it's not always the case, given the up/down late spring weather there in northern Utah. For example, here is daughter and myself on the actual race day at Miller last year... just look how low these snow levels are! :banghead:

Day3TracksideSnowLevels.jpg

Wish us good fortune on the weather... we depart at midnight, temps in the low 40's. The forecast calls for rain... for the entire route.

Gotta love 700+ miles of cold rain-riding on a sport-bike..... pretty sweet deal... :thumbsupsmiley:

Last edited by a moderator:
Judging from your past reports, a little rain doesn't/won't dampen your Father/Daughter weekend and that's what it's all about. The up side is a 50% chance of rain means you have a 50% chance that the rain will be on the other side of the road. :rolleyes: Good luck!

What a beautiful location - I have to get out more!

A perfect father/daughter trip, enjoy :)

'If you want the rainbow, you have to put up with the rain' - Dolly Parton.

HATEYOUHATEYOUHATEYOUHATEYOUHATEYOUHATEYOUHATEYOUHATEYOUHATEYOUHATEYOUHATEYOUHATEYOU

Last edited by a moderator:
When you get to Miller look for the Leo Vince booth. My son David is their US Race Team Manager and he will be there with some goodies...I am sure if you let him know that you are an FJR Forum member, he will hook you up. Rich

When you get to Miller look for the Leo Vince booth. My son David is their US Race Team Manager and he will be there with some goodies...I am sure if you let him know that you are an FJR Forum member, he will hook you up. Rich
:thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

From a story I just read (sorry, can't remember which website) they are considering dropping Miller off the schedule because of the race being held on Monday's (Memorial Holiday in U.S.), frequent bad weather and low attendence. They are trying to bring it back to Laguna Seca. I have attended the WSBK races 3 times and did the Yamaha Champions Riding School there and it's a fantastic track both for riding and viewing but I do agree with Warchild, they need to move the date later in the year. I hope Miller is able to keep it there. I love being able to ride to Miller for WSBK and then to Laguna Seca for MotoGP.

Latest posts