January Geezers, Retirees and Reprobates M/C Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
The AZ FJR Forum Geezers, Retirees and Reprobates Ride will be on Wednesday, January 26th.

Kickstands will be up at 1030 hours from the McDonald's Restaurant in Wickenburg, Arizona.

Ride AZ 93 to 97 to Bagdad for a cup of coffee. Then 96 through Skull Valley to Prescott, AZ.

Lunch will be at Whiskey Row on the east side of the Territorial Courthouse and Town Plaza.

After lunch, your call back to the Valley: Back down Yarnell Grade or through Jerome to PHX.

Any questions: Don Stanley aka Senor Papa Chuy Medina [email protected] 480-440-4666

Last edited by a moderator:
You'd have to ride a roller coaster to get twistier than the ride to Bagdad. Should be a great back road ride. Seeya then !
FJRobert is Right, it's a Wild Ride; the Road to Bagdad is a Disneyland E-Ticket, definitely is our Arizona backcountry!

https://www.visit-prescott.com/ Prescott's a great city to eat in and walk around, lots of Arizona History here in Prescott!

BUMP REMINDER: Arizona FJR Forum Geezers, Retirees and Reprobates ride 2 weeks from today on 1/26! Weather should be great! If not, we'll head to Alamo Lake and Aguila, then Tonopah!

Don, do you want company riding from here to Wickenburg? Kenny
Kenny, I am leaving my home at 0845, map to mi casa is below. I have to take my son Seth (14) to school at 0830, will put our Jeep in the garage and jump on Ingrid, our BMW R1150RT.

You could pull into my driveway at 0815 and I would have a cup of strong coffee waiting for you.

Or, you could name a spot and a time where I could meet up with you at 0900 out on the roads!

Remember, my cellphone is on 24/7/365: 480-440-4666 or e-mail me at [email protected]

https://classic.mapquest.com/maps?city=Chandler&state=AZ&address=1061+N+Amber+St&zipcode=85225-8718&country=US&latitude=33.32212&longitude=-111.80997&geocode=ADDRESS

Don, I will be in Wickenburg to meet you for a 10:30 departure from McDonalds. I'll be taking Tatum north to Cave Creek Rd to Carefree Hwy to US 60 to Wickenburg. I plan to leave Desert Ridge area at 8:45 to be at McDonalds in time for a 99 cent sausage burrito and coffee. If I can link up with others, please let me know. Company is always welcomed.

Don,

I will be in Wickenburg to take part in the ride and meet the group. It sounds like fun. I sent you a note before but I wanted to post to the forum as well.

I am a member of the AZBeemers group now as well.

See you there...

Eileen (JetGrl) Kelleher

Don,

I will be in Wickenburg to take part in the ride and meet the group. It sounds like fun. I sent you a note before but I wanted to post to the forum as well.

I am a member of the AZBeemers group now as well.

See you there...

Eileen (JetGrl) Kelleher
Sounds Great, Eileen; See You on Wednesday, look for FJR's and Beemers in the McDonald's parking lot!

https://weather.aol.com/forecast/todays//usa/arizona/chandler/id/usaz0034;jsessionid=249546EF0932AE19CF06CD14131ACD82 Great Weather on 1/26: 72F and Sunny.

That's the second day in a row I've heard of Wickenburg !! A buddies sister lives there. Must be a nice place :)

Hope ya'll enjoy the ride.

Hi Don,

The Yuma contingent of the AZ Beemers, complete with guests, I hope, will be leaving here a 0615 hours enroute to Wickenburg. We have a coffee stop planned in Quartzsite and then on to Wickenburg for a quick breakfast. See you there.

David
Sounds great David, see you and your Yuma crew there!

That's the second day in a row I've heard of Wickenburg !! A buddies sister lives there. Must be a nice place :)

Hope ya'll enjoy the ride.
https://www.outwickenburgway.com/ Wickenburg, Arizona is a great place to live! A decade ago I almost bought a 10 acre "ranchette" outside of Wickenburg, now that I wound up retiring early I really regret I didn't move out to Wickenburg. Wickenburg is in mountains more than 1.5K feet higher in elevation than Phoenix, so it is cooler during the day and much cooler at night. At 55 miles Northwest of AZ State Capitol, it is still commuter job friendly. Great town, with nice people and plenty to do there!

Excellent ride today ! Awesome lunch on Whiskey Row in Prescott too. I wound up with about 315 miles by the time I made it back tonight.

I want to add my thanks to Beemerdons for organizing a great outing and to ScooterG for leading us safely to Bagdad and Prescott. The choice for lunch was excellent as well. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Great ride. It is always fun to get out, see some new places, and carve some corners too!

I'm looking forward to the next one to Kitt Peak, I haven't been there either.

Many thanks to BeemerDons and SkooterG.

Eileen

Great ride. It is always fun to get out, see some new places, and carve some corners too!

I'm looking forward to the next one to Kitt Peak, I haven't been there either.

Many thanks to BeemerDons and SkooterG.

Eileen
It was a pleasure riding with you Eileen, the Kitt Peak Ride will be on Wednesday, February 16. Details will be put up in Southwest section of our FJR Forum tomorrow.

We had thirteen riders on thirteen bikes on yesterday's ride. Wolfhound - FJR Robert is here on his Honda Gold Wing. A 375 mile loop from Papa Chuy's Chandler home.

100_0466.jpg

Weather was fantastic, starting out at 66F in Wickenburg at the McDonald's Restaurant; and winding up at 76F back in Phoenix on the ride home.

100_0465-1.jpg

Eilleen, Phoenix Jim and SkooterG were piloting FJR's; rest of the group were on Type 259 BMW Boxers, Billy was on a K bike. Papa Chuy was on Ingrid, R1150RT!

100_0467.jpg

Four of our biker group are Snowbirds living in Yuma each Winter, two from Washington State and two from Canuckistan. David-Dashbaw is the AZ Snowbird Ringleader.

100_0469.jpg