February's Geezers, Retirees and Reprobates Ride!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
Estimados Amigos y Geezers, Retirees and Reprobates: We had such a great turnout on last Wednesday's ride with 13 participants, we're going to do it again on Wednesday, February 16. Departure time will be at 0930 hours from the gas station/convenience store located at the Southwest corner of the Intersection of AZ Highways 347 and 238 in Maricopa, Arizona.

We will stop at Marcela's Cafe in Ajo for lunch; Marcela's is located at 1117 W. Dorsey St., Ajo, Arizona 85321 Phone Number is (520) 387-4139. For those of you coming from Yuma or other points other than Phoenix, we anticipate arriving at Marcela's at 1100 hours. https://classic.mapquest.com/maps?city=Ajo&state=AZ&address=1117+W+Dorsey+St&zipcode=85321-2067&country=US&latitude=32.37968&longitude=-112.87291&geocode=ADDRESS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitt_Peak_National_Observatory After lunch will will ride East to Kitt Peak National Observatory to make snow angels in the white stuff. Return to Phoenix will be on Indian Route 15 Northward through the Tohono O'Odham Nation Reservation. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tohono_O%27odham Any questions please contact BeemerDonS at either 480-440-4666 or [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
The road to the top at Kitt Peak is in excellent shape & twisties deluxe! Another ride to not be missed. Add good Mex food and you got a real winner. Seeya there...

I am going to try and make some part of this. I am leaving the next day for Lake Havesu City and may have to @!?$.

Would like to see wolfhound again. We will see what happens.

Joe

I am going to try and make some part of this. I am leaving the next day for Lake Havesu City and may have to @!?$.

Would like to see wolfhound again. We will see what happens.

Joe
Joe and Cec, Seth, Donna and I will be out at our Lake Havasu Vacation home from Saturday AM 2/19 to Monday PM 1/21. We are in #354 at the Islander Resort, just call 480-440-4666. https://www.islanderrvresort.com/ I was going to send an e-mail to Big-Dan and Madeline, who live in LHC, that we were going to meet them for dinner.

https://weather.aol.com/forecast/todays/usa/arizona/chandler/id/85225 BUMP REMINDER! Two weeks from today we are riding to Marcela's Cafe for lunch and then up to Kitt Peak to make snow angels.

Hopefully Central Arizona will be warmer in two weeks, currently down to 37F here in Chandler and only a high of 49F is forecasted; Muy Peligro, way too dangerous to ride in this kind of shitty weather! What the Hell; this is like living in Owosso Fecking Michigan, or that silly little country North of Owosso!

Looking forward to hanging out with you again Joe ! Food, bikes & friends - That's living !

Cold enough here to bring out the heavy jacket & gloves here. Does bring to mind the township of Goatherding, Michigan doesn't it ? What kind of crazy lives like this ?

Looking forward to hanging out with you again Joe ! Food, bikes & friends - That's living !

Cold enough here to bring out the heavy jacket & gloves here. Does bring to mind the township of Goatherding, Michigan doesn't it ? What kind of crazy lives like this ?
Robert My Friend, I am assuming this is a rhetorical question: But the answer is Bustanut joker, The Jackass!

I had a great time last month and will definitely be there again... Seriously, snow angels? I have a 2 wheel phobia of snow. What is the chance there will be some on the road?

Eileen
Hello Eileen, Virtually none! The Kitt Peak Road is constantly in use and if there is a snowfall the previous night, it'll be plowed away by the time we get there. If we arrive during a snowfall: Mission Aborted!!!

Snow? Schmow ! ;D

P1000141.JPG

P1000693.JPG

Robert My Friend, I am assuming this is a rhetorical question: But the answer is Bustanut joker, The Jackass!
You're right, I was just poking a stick at Barry to see if He was frozen solid or not !. . .

I had a great time last month and will definitely be there again... Seriously, snow angels? I have a 2 wheel phobia of snow. What is the chance there will be some on the road?

Eileen

Hello Eileen, Virtually none! The Kitt Peak Road is constantly in use and if there is a snowfall the previous night, it'll be plowed away by the time we get there. If we arrive during a snowfall: Mission Aborted!!!

Snow? Schmow ! ;D

P1000141.JPG

P1000693.JPG
BTW... That second picture of the 3 bikes in the snow doesn't count. There are no tire tracks in that picture, looks like you got snowed on overnight ;-) Hats off to the driver of the GS in the top picture though, I wouldn't be doing that.

jetgirl

Bastado! Unfortunately, I'm still a working stiff....so I'll be working while you fools are riding....of course, I will be riding to work, so I at least get some saddle time in...

I am a working stiff also, but am trying to work this out.

Will not know till Tuesday night is all my teeth (work is) are finished.

Don, will let you know as soon as I know.

Joe

I am a working stiff also, but am trying to work this out.

Will not know till Tuesday night if all my teeth (work is) are finished.

Don, will let you know as soon as I know.

Joe
Brother Joe, You have got to make this ride! Kasey and Doris from our FJR Forum are coming all the way from Canada to make this ride! Don't be rude like rushes is!!!

"Sounds Great, Kasey! I am hoping my Buddy, Tucson Joe, can also make this ride!

Don Stanley

1061 N. Amber St.

Chandler, AZ 85225

Cell: 480-440-4666

-----Original Message-----

To: Don Stanley <[email protected]>

Sent: Fri, Feb 11, 2011 3:30 am

Subject: FJR Ride Feb 16th.

Hi Don - My great riding pal, Doris M., whom you saw at Nakusp, is flying into Yuma on Monday to stay with me for 10 days.. I have just purchased a beautiful '05 Concours in mint shape so that I have a bike to leave here each season and now Doris can ride too!

We will come up the 15th and stay somewhere near Chandler then join you on the ride. Looking fwd to it very much.

Kasey"

There is a lot of colds going around these days.
Dr. Stanley (Gynecologist, amateur) would be more than happy to write you a work excuse slip!!
We have fantastic weather in store for our Wednesday's Arizona FJR Forum ride, 77F degrees and sunny! Remember, if you play hooky and need a work excuse slip written for your Employer: Dr. Stanley would be happy to write one for you; I am a practicing Amateur Gynecologist!!