Join Seth and Don Stanley Riding Utah's National Parks!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries, glad this came in THIS week! Just checked report for Torrey wed 68 sunnny thursday 67 sunny!
I'd say those are PERFECT temperatures!

Thanks,
+1, Gunny; the 'Weather Gods' are still smiling on us, Miss Tyler is taking that nasty wet stuff back to Kali!

https://weather.aol.com/forecast/todays/usa/utah/torrey/id/84775 Torrey's still showing 68/67 and sunny!
Yup... definitely taking one for the team here... rode 12 and hit a low of 32 degrees as we hit the summit... absolutely stunning scenery and views but holy hell it was COLD!! We are foregoing Ouray tomorrow as weather reports snow flurries, etc. Will head for lower elevations and visit Arches in Moab instead... not a bad compromise before we head for Mexican Hat. B)
Tyler, I checked in at the Hotel today and the gentleman at the front desk specifically mentioned you and said what a great lady you were when you stayed here. He was very impressed by you.

hyway14slide2Medium.jpg
Holy SHIT!
Holy Shit is right! Y'all have a fun ride and stay safe...wouldn't want to get caught up in any of that.

--G
I don't know, but I think it'll buff out. Glad I wasn't there!

As for sheep, they are inferior to goats, but they'd do in a pinch. A guy in Michigan swears by 'em. I've sworn off slow moving elk (cattle).

Talking of Shiny. I saw this today and wanted to post it here...

love_taliban-style.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
No worries, glad this came in THIS week! Just checked report for Torrey wed 68 sunnny thursday 67 sunny!
I'd say those are PERFECT temperatures!

Thanks,
+1, Gunny; the 'Weather Gods' are still smiling on us, Miss Tyler is taking that nasty wet stuff back to Kali!

https://weather.aol.com/forecast/todays/usa/utah/torrey/id/84775 Torrey's still showing 68/67 and sunny!
Yup... definitely taking one for the team here... rode 12 and hit a low of 32 degrees as we hit the summit... absolutely stunning scenery and views but holy hell it was COLD!! We are foregoing Ouray tomorrow as weather reports snow flurries, etc. Will head for lower elevations and visit Arches in Moab instead... not a bad compromise before we head for Mexican Hat. B)
Tyler, I checked in at the Hotel today and the gentleman at the front desk specifically mentioned you and said what a great lady you were when you stayed here. He was very impressed by you.
+1, Gunny; ditto for me, Darling. The San Juan Inn clerk said this to me when I mentioned your name Tyler: Hubba, hubba, hubba, hubba, hubba, hubba, hubba, hubba, hubba, hubba, hubba......

Ask him for the picture of him trying to climb the fence into my wifes goat pen. He had his eye on one of the young ones. :rolleyes:
And if your wife Patti hadn't hit me in the head I would have had that young thing too! I have a wonderful momento -- I just don't know how to download the photos from the borrowed camera yet. When I do my forum bothers and sisters will see the passion!

Don will be on shortly I'm sure, but for those that don't know, he and Seth hit a deer (ran over it) while riding from Torrey, Utah on Utah route 12. He and Seth are fine. The Beemer limped back to the Torrey Hotel we had stayed at last night. Seth has a bruised shin but otherwise seemed fine. Don was physically untouched. How he kept it upright I don't know. I met him on Rte. 12 as he was coming back and I followed him in -- his front fender and cooling system among other things were wiped out. He'll be finding another way home. I'm sure he'll post more details when he can.

Again, Seth and Don are OK. He was calling for a tow truck, insurance help, etc. when I left them.

Don will be on shortly I'm sure, but for those that don't know, he and Seth hit a deer (ran over it) while riding from Torrey, Utah on Utah route 12. He and Seth are fine. The Beemer limped back to the Torrey Hotel we had stayed at last night. Seth has a bruised shin but otherwise seemed fine. Don was physically untouched. How he kept it upright I don't know. I met him on Rte. 12 as he was coming back and I followed him in -- his front fender and cooling system among other things were wiped out. He'll be finding another way home. I'm sure he'll post more details when he can.

Again, Seth and Don are OK. He was calling for a tow truck, insurance help, etc. when I left them.
I talked to Don at about 2:00 PM, he's on his way, with his son and bike (via tow truck) to the Salt Lake City BMW Dealer. The BMW roadside assistance program is picking up the tab. Thank Goodness everybody is OK, although Seth got his leg banged up pretty good.

Like Shiny said, I'm sure Don will fill us in with more details.

I just spoke to Don 30 minutes ago. He and Seth were at the SLC airport heading to the boarding gate. Seth is hurting, but able to walk on the leg. His Mom is a Medtech, so he will no doubt get some serious attention when he gets to Phoenix and go for xrays if suggested. Don did say that his BMW was towed to BMW of SLC, and they gave them a ride to the airport. He had to board, so that was all I got.

Holy SHIT!

First I have heard of it. Damn! Damn! Damn! I can't even think of how many times I have told mi bastard step-pappy DO NOT HIT DEER!

Glad to hear everyone is ok for the most part. Poor pappy - the kool-aid has been strong. He loved that new BMW. Guess the FJR will be getting some more use.

I just spoke to Don 30 minutes ago. He and Seth were at the SLC airport heading to the boarding gate. Seth is hurting, but able to walk on the leg. His Mom is a Medtech, so he will no doubt get some serious attention when he gets to Phoenix and go for xrays if suggested. Don did say that his BMW was towed to BMW of SLC, and they gave them a ride to the airport. He had to board, so that was all I got.
I'm only a psych. nurse, but there wasn't too much swelling. I put a bag of ice on it and had him elevate it with the suggestion he get it checked out ASAP. But he was walking on it and knee and ankle had good ROM. As long as there isn't some kind of hairline crack or something he should soon turn pretty purple and green colors on that shin.

I'm only a psych. nurse, but there wasn't too much swelling. I put a bag of ice on it and had him elevate it with the suggestion he get it checked out ASAP. But he was walking on it and knee and ankle had good ROM. As long as there isn't some kind of hairline crack or something he should soon turn pretty purple and green colors on that shin.
Shiny,

Where are you? I tried to send you a PM, but "it" wouldn't let me!

Thanks,

I'm only a psych. nurse, but there wasn't too much swelling. I put a bag of ice on it and had him elevate it with the suggestion he get it checked out ASAP. As long as there isn't some kind of hairline crack or something he should soon turn pretty purple and green colors on that shin.
SHIN!! Thank god! For a minute there I thought you were relating your "event" with Seth last night! TMI dude!! :lol: