Joining the ES Fray

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the color a lot. Too bad you don't have it here in Idaho-- 70 for a HIGH today, 39 last night. It's all-day riding weather! I'm jealous....If they do Black like my '08 it may be the last straw.....

Congratulations! That's one good looking motorcycle!
+ 1

I really like the color
smile.png

El Toro Joe posted: Scott...I guess I need to have some more FYYFF stickers made up, for all the new bikes that'll be at EOM.
Please make them available to those of us who may be unable to get to Lewiston. (Going to Hooterville instead.)

El Toro Joe posted: Scott...I guess I need to have some more FYYFF stickers made up, for all the new bikes that'll be at EOM.
Please make them available to those of us who may be unable to get to Lewiston. (Going to Hooterville instead.)
PM sent...

Now getting back on the subject...I'd love a 2015 ES.
Awaiting a call from Yamaha to tell me I won one
punk.gif

Scott...I guess I need to have some more FYYFF stickers made up, for all the new bikes that'll be at EOM.
Yea, Joe, we're going to need new FYYFF AND FYB stickers.
wink.png

She looks quite dazzling in front of the office... I park to take advantage of the concrete edging for the kickstand; that whole spot is peppered with kickstand craters from my '07, lol.

01f8ac051c5e6c93fc071a911ad4f43cbb0b0884f3-L.jpg

I've got a Bigfoot and Rambone on order with Dave and some bag reflective stickers coming from Real Time. General farkling is underway, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I probably ought to give a shout out to Capital Powersports in Wake Forest, NC. Since two other Yamaha dealerships (Ron Ayers and Twin County Motorsports) are closer to me, I'd never ventured over to any Raleigh-area dealerships. The folks at Capital were friendly and responsive to my questions, plus they went out of their way to show me that the bike had all the parts expected (extra lock, bag slot covers, liners). Additionally, I asked that the tires be inflated to 40/42 and they were spot on when I checked the next day. A general inspection of the bike in my garage revealed nothing out of the ordinary or left loose. They only failed in not giving me a key FOB, lol...they were out of stock, but I did get a t-shirt and a somewhat permanent 10% discount on store items.

I'll go back there for the 600 mile service....I'm not letting a free key FOB get away! ;)

Scott...I guess I need to have some more FYYFF stickers made up, for all the new bikes that'll be at EOM.
Yea, Joe, we're going to need new FYYFF AND FYB stickers. ;)

She looks quite dazzling in front of the office... I park to take advantage of the concrete edging for the kickstand; that whole spot is peppered with kickstand craters from my '07, lol.

[img=[URL="https://burnspot.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/The-Iron-Horse/i-mSP6cFz/0/L/01f8ac051c5e6c93fc071a911ad4f43cbb0b0884f3-L.jpg%5D"]https://burnspot.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/The-Iron-Horse/i-mSP6cFz/0/L/01f8ac051c5e6c93fc071a911ad4f43cbb0b0884f3-L.jpg][/URL]
Scott, whenever I park like that, some "A"hole in a car seems to feel that the rest of MY parking spot is open for them to use.

Yea, Joe, we're going to need new FYYFF AND FYB stickers.
wink.png

[img=[URL="https://burnspot.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/The-Iron-Horse/i-mSP6cFz/0/L/01f8ac051c5e6c93fc071a911ad4f43cbb0b0884f3-L.jpg%5D"]https://burnspot.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/The-Iron-Horse/i-mSP6cFz/0/L/01f8ac051c5e6c93fc071a911ad4f43cbb0b0884f3-L.jpg][/URL]
Scott, whenever I park like that, some "A"hole in a car seems to feel that the rest of MY parking spot is open for them to use.
Well, luckily, our small office complex parking lot only rarely has an idiot problem...no one's tried to share my space, except my boss...he kinda does it on purpose, lol.

Congrats on joining the owners group of the best bike ever!
punk.gif

But what's up with that reserved half smile in post #12. You must be more stoic than I am. I had a big ole' shit-eatin'-grin in my first-ever-new-bike-pickup-photo last fall. I can't imagine how you contained yourself so well... ;)

Enjoy the new ride. I know you will.

Congrats on joining the owners group of the best bike ever!
punk.gif

But what's up with that reserved half smile in post #12. You must be more stoic than I am. I had a big ole' shit-eatin'-grin in my first-ever-new-bike-pickup-photo last fall. I can't imagine how you contained yourself so well...
wink.png

Enjoy the new ride. I know you will.
I was saving my exuberance for later...there was a large family staring at me right behind the sales guy who took the pic...I'm not one for public displays, lol.

I can say, without a doubt, that I have zero regrets about buying it. My '07 is going to get lonely.
biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Most awesome Scott! Mine isn't shiny right now. Have to wash road grime from running in rain heading to NJ Monday and then again on the way back yesterday. The only thing I need to add is the bar risers. My '07 will remain for sale. If it doesn't sell I will just keep it.

Glad you remembered to take your seat with you. I forgot mine and had to endure the stocker for 206 miles!

Most awesome Scott! Mine isn't shiny right now. Have to wash road grime from running in rain heading to NJ Monday and then again on the way back yesterday. The only thing I need to add is the bar risers. My '07 will remain for sale. If it doesn't sell I will just keep it.
Glad you remembered to take your seat with you. I forgot mine and had to endure the stocker for 206 miles!
Yea, there was no way I was going to attempt dealing with the stock seat on the several hour ride back home...I wanted to enjoy my inaugural ride, not endure it. ;)

I have MCL risers on my '07 and I like them, but so far, I'm undecided on risers for the '15. I think I need to do a bunch more multi-hour rides before making that decision. When I originally bought the '07, it had GenMar risers on it and I never rode it without risers, so I figure it's best to run the '15 stock to see how I do with no risers before jumping right back to them.

I'll try selling the '07 later this year, no rush there.