June 25th: Highway 49 North

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toecutter

What would DoG do?
Reaction score
From MadMike:

Because of scheduling and a fairly booked up June, I am considering a trip North on Highway 49.

From Auburn, North through Grass Valley, along the Yuba River to Downieville. Then up thru the Sierra Buttes to the Bassett's overlook. Ride down Bassett's Grade to 89, East to Truckee for lunch. Then ride the "Old" Donner Pass and continue down the old Hwy 40 (along the American River) to Cisco Grove and then West on I-80 to Forest Hill off ramp and go thru Cool and South on 49 from there, or???

I figure the Sacto guys could meet at the Shell station on Watt, just South of the Bus 80. The "foothill guys" might want to ride 49 to Auburn and meet ???

Myself

Rogdebs

FJR1AB (Steve and Cindy)

Toecutter/Eve

Hey Bob! Welcome to the new site! You 'n Eve gonna stick around here?

By the way, about that ride? You Bastards! I'm sooooo jealous!

We'll have to make sure and get some pictures with the Yuba River in the background, or at Bassett's Overlook. That should make Tim really happy! What am I doin' baggin' on the man who can run the PCH whenever he wants?

Bob, I think most of the NorCal guys are still on the other sites. When I talked with the Rogdebs I had a feeling this may not be a "large" group. There's still a couple of weeks, we'll see. Besides, its the quality of the people and the beauty of the scenery.

toecutter, do you belong to zx6e.com also? I can't imagine that name floating around too much by many people :p Hey, is that Morro Rock in the backround of your avatar?

toecutter, do you belong to zx6e.com also? I can't imagine that name floating around too much by many people tongue.gif Hey, is that Morro Rock in the backround of your avatar?
That must be a different Toecutter. I was actually amazed that the handle wasn't taken already on any of the FJR forums. I signed up here as quick as I found out so my namesake wouldn't get jacked. That is indeed Morro Rock in the photo. We got a wild hair a few weeks back and decided to go there for lunch. We'll be doing it again pretty soon....Bob

Dang, I'me even more jealous than TWN. I love that ride! I have a feeling that SWMBO is going to insist I attend our wedding though. Hmmm... I might look pretty good in a tux on the FJR.

Well Mike, I'm hoping she'll look pretty good. Guess I'll have to miss the ride though. Thanks for the info on the connector - I'll give it another shot.

CONGRATULATIONS, CHARLES! In all the silliness talking about bikes and riding...uhm, life events are important.

Okay, 1 week to go and the list is:

Toecutter (2-up)

Rogdeb (2-up)

Rick-in-Sac (2 up---gotta bring the Den Mother)

BlueStreek--I think-FJR1AB--(2-up)

Exskibum

Madmike2

Rocknfjr

?

?

Bluestreeks will join us in Grass Valley. I have a friend who wil meet up with us in Truckee on one of his many bikes, prolly the Duc SS750 or the 600 F-4.

Anyone else?

6/21/05

Okay, here is the time line:

Shell Station; Business 80 @ Watt Ave. 0845? try to be on the road @ 0900?

Starbucks; Hwy 49 @ Bell Rd. in Auburn. 10 AM according to Exskibum. We should get there in time for "The Den Mother" to enjoy a latte' and head for Grass Valley soon after: 10-10:15.

Grass Valley: first off-ramp--Chevron, meet the Bluestreek's.

At this rate, lunch will be after 2 PM in Truckee--maybe dinner? But it will be great riding and wonderful scenery. Though, we'll miss the Skyway's. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
O.K. We're going to try and get there, but not sure where there will be yet. If we head up to Sac tomorrow night and stay in Fair Oaks, we'll meet you in Auburn. If we drive up Sat. morning, we'll go to the Bus. 80 rendezvous point. Either way, I have your cell number and will let you know if I won't be at the Shell station spot. Hopefully we'll have our size-altered apparel back by then, or it will be mix & match. Bob with grey jacket & black pants, Bren with black jacket & grey pants. We're probably going to hop up into Reno afterward and see my dad before heading home Sunday, the iron butt way.

OK We're in too. I'm not sure where we'll hook up, we may zoom up Sat or overnight somewhere along the way. depends on the workload tomorrow. So we'll see ya'll some time on Sat. B)

Uh-huh! You just couldn't stand that we'd be out having fun and enjoying the scenery and the company.... :rolleyes:

Waaay kewel, though. I you decide to join us in AUburn, the easiest way is 80 to Bell Rd. Turn left over the Hwy, climb the hill and when you pass Airport, get into the left lane. You'll see the signal @ Hwy 49, turn into the parking lot on your left before the light.

Bus *) ...Watt Ave. South. the off ramp ends @ a signal on the frontage rd (Auburn Blvd.) Turn left, about 1/2 block to Watt. Thru the signal on the right is the Shell Station.

Looking forward to having you (and anyone else who's reading this and wants to join in the fun) along on our adventure. :D

> Looking forward to having you (and anyone else who's reading this and wants to join in the fun) along on our adventure.

Thanks, we'll see you down the road on another day. Hava great ride!

khunajawdge

Highlander, Toecutter, et al, if you miss the Auburn meet-up, the Chevron in Grass Valley is @ the McKnight St. off-ramp. The first get-off in Grass Valley, you'll see it on the right.

Looks like we are going to plan B

Instead of meeting everyone in Grass Valley we will meet everyone at the Auburn meet point. (wife wants a latte)We will shoot for 9:30 should be there 10:00 latest.

See ya all there(except Skyway :( )

BTW, Skyway, we took a poll. And, Yup, you were missed. :(
Hopefully this will be the only time the bike will be out of action for a group ride. :D Not good when a ride is in 'new to me' teratory as well.