Kate's UCCC Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the post Tony....... One hell of an accomplishment that's for sure. Not sure what was with Mr Boker and why he'd want to trash this post. Just like a long distance bike ride, marathon runner, triathlon person etc. it's a goal or accomplishment, Im sure that not everyone's cup of tea either. I for one think a SS1000 is a hell of an accomplishment. I for one have nothing but admiration for people like Kate, Tony, John, Hoagy and a host of other IBA Riders

They are in Fairbanks taking a pause before Prudhoe…
LIKE!

PS: It's only 500 miles but can be one of the toughest 500 miles ever. Here's wishing her great weather ... 54 and 2% chance of rain at Fairbanks, that will work. Not so good in Prudhoe Bay with 40 and 74% chance of rain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Kate is just about to set off up the Dalton Highway ... Good luck.

Overnight in Coldfoot? or all the way today?

kk3an-What did you do the Deadhorse to Fairbanks ride in?
Time-wise or bike-wise? I did the ride in 6 hours, 37 minutes on an R1200GSA (BMW) under optimal conditions.
Holy Smokes !!!

My time northbound was 14:18 and my return was 11:39- But then I wasn't going for a record and my ride on the Haul Rd. was not without incidence:

I heard a crack and pop, looked in the rear view mirror to see my top box prancing down the road into a ditch. Since it contained all my paperwork, I had to retrieve it.

How the heck did you get through the construction delays so fast?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no fuel that I am aware of between Coldfoot Camp and Deadhorse

She appears to have cleared Atigun Pass. That's probably the last major hurdle before Deadhorse.

The girl is awesome :D

The girl is awesome
biggrin.png
+1

101stpathfinder

Boy that's a heck of a stress crack - I'm sorry that happened to you. I've found the northern-most 50 miles of the Haul Road are by far the worst - the cobblestone part. I've blown lots of pickup truck tires up on that same section too, but never a bike tire.