lawinter

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry for his family, friends, riding buddies, and even his forum family. We all die a little when we hear this news.

Honor his memory by taking a minute before you ride to reflect on how it can all go wrong so very fast.

John

Never met Larry, but that doesn't mean he wasn't my brother.

These things are so hard to handle. My sister is a teacher in Georgia, and one of her coworkers lost her husband last week when he crashed his BMW. He had relatively minimal injuries all things considered, but died in the hospital when his blood wouldn't clot as they removed his spleen.

Bad things can come at any time.

I just got home form a long day, and this is not what I wanted to read about.

It's hard.

Larry, R.I.P. brother. God Speed. My condolences to the family.

Deepest sympathy to Larry's family & friends....I only knew him through this forum, yet am truly saddened at his loss. At least he was doing something that brought him joy..I shall keep him in mind on my next ride..Godspeed, Larry.

For most people, riding a motorcycle defines who we are as much as what we do. Perhaps it's the unprovoked nature of Larry's accident that disturbs us so deeply. Perhaps it's the personal touch we all feel when one of our own goes down. God only knows the answer that lies in everyone's heart.

There's no words that truly comfort a family in times of loss like these. But the closest thing we have is a promise to carry on the legacy and pass on the good that someone like Larry has obviously spread through his love of the two wheel lifestyle.

Live it on your terms and honor Larry's. Ride hard in Heaven brother Larry! We'll catch up with you later.

I am at a loss for words . . .

Godspeed Larry and prayers for the family.

It would be cool if we could send flowers or a remembrance to the services from all of us. Count me in.

Dear Forum Members:

Thank you for all your kind words and support. I was the rider with Larry when the accident occured. Since he was behind me, I did not see the events unfold. However, I got back to the scene with in minutes and he was gone by that time.

It has been a difficult few days. Since I'm fairly new to the board and since I didn't know Larry for more than a week or so (this our first ride together), I sent the information to the moderators first and they decided to post it. Glad they did, it has helped me to read all these great things. Only hope Larry's family is not offended by me revealing the information.

I do not know Larry's family and have not been informed as to their wishes or plans. A friend of his did call me to get some addition details and to thank me for all I had done (which didn't seem like much). He said he would keep me up to date. If or when I hear anything, I'll pass it along.

Again, thank you for your prayers, thoughts and words. Please be safe when riding these great machines, one loss is one too many.

Steve D. :(

FJR-Steve

Dear Forum Members:
Thank you for all your kind words and support.  I was the rider with Larry when the accident occured.  Since he was behind me, I did not see the events unfold.  However, I got back to the scene with in minutes and he was gone by that time.
Steve,

Thanks for sharing your experience. After 18 years on the job, I thought I was fairly well-equipped to handle death, until it hit close to home (co-worker). What you are going through is hard for many to understand, but you still have to get through it. We all share in the pain and grief and doing it together helps us all heal. Talking helps. If people get tired of listening, find some other people to listen, even if you have to pay them.

It has been a difficult few days.  Since I'm fairly new to the board and since I didn't know Larry for more than a week or so (this our first ride together), I sent the information to the moderators first and they decided to post it.  Glad they did, it has helped me to read all these great things.  Only hope Larry's family is not offended by me revealing the information.
I think if given the choice, Larry's family would probably accept a printed copy of these messages, and when they got around to reading them, it would probably help them as well, if for no other reason than to help understand what fueled his desire for the activity that ended up costing him his life.

Again, thank you for your prayers, thoughts and words.  Please be safe when riding these great machines, one loss is one too many.
You're welcome, we're glad it helps, and a big +1 on being safe.

So sad to hear of this thing called death taking yet another good person from our world,every stone added to the water raises even a lake that much more ,just as every peron we meet or know fills up our worlds that much more. When that person is removed from our world there is a mark left by them,just as the stone removed leaves a ring on the lake from the water that it no longer displaces.

God must have wanted him bad to take him so quickly and blessed him w/ little to no pain. Unfortunately,i wish the same could be said for his family. My thoughts and prayers are w/ you brother,sleep well and when we meet next time you can show us all the good roads in heaven. :angel: :rip: :sad2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad news indeed! Best wishes for those he left behind!

Have a peaceful ride ahead brother!

For the rest of us on the board:

Heads up!

Many of us in the northern parts are a bit rusty after not riding all winter & the roadways can still be sandy & ugly!

Be careful!

Vaya con Dios or with the god of your choice, my FJR brother.

This is not good..........ever!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't pray often but pray with purpose. My prayers are with Larry's family to help them cope with their loss.

kirk

Very sad seeing this news. Let me add my thoughts and prayers for Larry's family in this terrible time.

My thoughts also go out to Steve, who unfortunately was closer than the rest of us to this event. Please heed Toecutter's words, and let them give you some peace, as they seem very wise to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.