Looking for riding buds in GA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daddysbike

Reaction score
Hey gang,

Its me daddysbike for those who may already know me.

I sold my FJR and bought my 3rd Goldwing.

A fellow goldwinger that I ride with was asking about FJR riders and if any would be interested in riding with him.

He is a very good rider, rides just about every weekend and has his wing set up to ride hard (suspension upgrades etc). He's not afraid to drag the hard parts but was wondering if the FJR riders and or the FJR itself would be too tough to keep up with. I think that with the exception of riders like Jeff Ashe my friend would do fine and even Jeff knows how to wait for people.

If you would be interested you can email me at: [email protected]

I don't ride as much as I used to (6-7k/yr compard with 20k +/yr) and thought I'd lead him to some brisk riders.

I hope I can meet up and ride with some of you this year.

Steve

Hey gang,
Its me daddysbike for those who may already know me.

I sold my FJR and bought my 3rd Goldwing.

A fellow goldwinger that I ride with was asking about FJR riders and if any would be interested in riding with him.

He is a very good rider, rides just about every weekend and has his wing set up to ride hard (suspension upgrades etc). He's not afraid to drag the hard parts but was wondering if the FJR riders and or the FJR itself would be too tough to keep up with. I think that with the exception of riders like Jeff Ashe my friend would do fine and even Jeff knows how to wait for people.

If you would be interested you can email me at: [email protected]

I don't ride as much as I used to (6-7k/yr compard with 20k +/yr) and thought I'd lead him to some brisk riders.

I hope I can meet up and ride with some of you this year.

Steve
I followed a Wing into the mountains, the guy was laying that thing down like nobodys business. The opposite was true, I couldn't keep up with him. :unsure: I don't think is a bike thing, I think the rider makes a huge difference. As soon as it warms up, I'm into a coffee linkup, then a ride into North Carolina. There is a killer BBQ joint in Hiawassee (sp?). I mean BBQ that isn't smothered in sauce, just cooked right with sea salt, pepper, garlic, etc. Killer, killer BBQ. So please, hit me up when the time is right. I'm way into learning some things.

Last edited by a moderator:
I followed a Wing into the mountains, the guy was laying that thing down like nobodys business. The opposite was true, I couldn't keep up with him. :unsure: I don't think is a bike thing, I think the rider makes a huge difference. As soon as it warms up, I'm into a coffee linkup, then a ride into North Carolina. There is a killer BBQ joint in Hiawassee (sp?). I mean BBQ that isn't smothered in sauce, just cooked right with sea salt, pepper, garlic, etc. Killer, killer BBQ. So please, hit me up when the time is right. I'm way into learning some things.
There's two good BBQ joints in Hiawassee. One in the middle of town, next to the lake and Marina. Another is on the left side just before you reach Hayesville. Which one do you reference/prefer?

Hiawassee has (in some ways) come a long way since I was a kid and the ONLY place to eat was What-A-Burger.

Also within easy reach of you is Quarterback's BBQ in Hampton TN. Definitely competes with anything around the area.

I heard Steve was buying the next lunch. GW guys have more money than us self-farkled FJR po' boyz.

The one I ate at was up on the right before you get to that little Ma and Pa diner on the left side. There is a stop light there and there are several business in the area. You have to take a right at that light. Crap, I forgot the name of it, but I'm crappin you negative, the guy knows how to cook. We gotta go up there. True dat about the Wing owners, boyz got those deep pockets!! :clapping:

Thanks gang I'm hoping to get together and ride with some of you this year. I wish I could do the KY ride but can't make that one. A good day trip is more likely. I don't ride my wing as hard as my friend, I don't feel that inspired or confident but do enjoy riding any road all day at about 10-20mph over.

Steve

Latest posts