love the bike, the stock seat not so much

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went with Corbin heated saddles on my 2015 and have been very happy with them. After doing an Iron-butt from Chicopee, MA to Clarksville, TN I can tell you that they are fantastic. The only thing I would change on them is to have a 2 level power switch. As it is it's either on or off, and it gets pretty damned hot. Because I am tall it's not an issue for me, but the saddle will not go in the low position, and is always in the high position and it's a little wider than stock. Flat footing it for a shorter rider is going to be an issue and something to be aware of.

I chose the carbon fiber look with black piping and it looks great.

**I ordered the drivers saddle first and then the rear later as they are not inexpensive. I waited until the rear saddle came in to hook up the heat and I am happy I did. The wiring harness for a single seat is different from the one for both seats and I would have had to take it all apart and put it back together again had I hooked up the drivers saddle when I got it.

Last edited by a moderator:
A heated seat is like a warming station as blood moves to the legs and returns to the heart.

The negative delta-T as blood is pumped from the heart to the lower abdomen is balanced by a rapid positive temperature change as blood passes through ass and thigh blood vessels.

Returning from the toes, blood is subject to significant chilling in the calves/shins and exposed upper thighs. A rise in blood temperature is essential to avoid thermal shock to heart muscles.

In a recent case of cold-weather riding, I noticed my blood viscosity thickening dangerously. That was a scary experience!

coolsmiley02.gif

Come on, man! Don't all you Yankees have heated seats in your car? Why not on you FJR?

Last edited by a moderator: