luggage for the long haul

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silveryam

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I have gone on several long distance rides, the last being 5,300. Im going on another tomorrow. I usually pack fairly light and I can fit enough for 2 weeks on the road in the saddle bags but I usually put my trunk on so I will have a place to put my helmet, GoPro and gloves when I stop and any extra trinkets I pick up. I am considering leaving it behind this time but I'm afraid if I do I will find I need it. I would appreciate y'all's input..

I find the trunk handy. The top opens so things don't fall out or get caught in the hinge. The only down side everything you want finds it way to the bottom.

Just got back and I indeed used the trunk. Although my essentials fit in the saddlebags I used the trunk for some microfiber cloths and cleaner, bag of GoPro accessories, bungiees and so on. By the way the trip was great! I went from LaPorte, Tx to South Dakota and toured Custer state park, mount Rushmore and many twisty remote roads, the Badlands, Deadwood, Sturgis then on to Devils Tower and Yellowstone in Wyoming where I spent several days touring the sites there. Then made my way home via Colorado.

I'm not sure how I managed to get this topic duplicated?

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly - keeping the trunk on, especially for helmet maintenance/heavier gloves/snacks is just a must-do.

Glad you had a good ride.