McQueen's Machines Part Two

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn you to Hell Hudson, a cursed pox on You! yamafitter says that I ride off road like hammered shit, which is true, but wowser could this Olde Farte ever have some big time fun in the Sonoran Desert of Arizona and Mexico with this Steve McQueen Desert Racer Replica. Just maybe I can still get a chance to sleep with Ali McGraw!

200px-Alimacgraw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
...Mick and I had a conversation just days ago on how much we both love the Triumph Trident (still can't stand the English though! Except of course for Roger and Deb, Jill and Andy, David-Orestes, mcatrophy, etcetera, etc.).
Be careful, you're gonna hurt rogdeb's feelings...shame on you.
I appreciate this very much Mark, you are so correct and I went back and edited both posts!

Beemerdons,

I'd be one envious dude if you managed to snag a Desert Racer. They sure sound pretty damn wicked, hear it for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69XpVH7UGyo&feature=g-vrec

Carver, if I managed to wrangle one, Hondarosa here we come....

Kevin, I saw a ton of various engines shoehorned into that Rickman frame: Tridents, Nortons, BSAs, heck, even a Harley twin. The Desert Racer is a 650 Triumph. Totally cool, though my heart beats rapidly for the cafe racer. Some day...

Steve's taste in bikes was equalled by his taste in women. I've met two of his three wives, Neile (a sweetheart and the mother of his kids), and Barbara (his last wife). Ali resides near Bemmerdons in Santa Fe. Stunners, all of them:

Neile

9cy1lqozuczj9jyu.jpg

Ali

021_ali_mc_graw_steeve_mc_queen_theredlist.jpg

Barbara

mcqueen_minty.png

So Hudson My Friend, did you ever buy a Metisse? Inquiring minds want to know! jes' sayin' and nuff said!

The Immortal Icon and Papa Chuy's Hero: Steve McQueen!

picture_327.jpg

no Metisse on order yet. But Gerry the owner is due to visit in the fall, and spend some time riding real mountain roads. We shall see where this encounter leads.

no Metisse on order yet. But Gerry the owner is due to visit in the fall, and spend some time riding real mountain roads. We shall see where this encounter leads.
Good Luck to you Dave, a Metisse would be a True Motorcyclist's dream bike! Tell Gerry muchas gracias for keeping "real" Trumpets alive. Still love Triumph!