Memorial Services for OrangevaleFJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I nominate Timmy!
Second and Third.
Uhm, gentlemen, exactly what part of

If you'd like to participate, please PM me and I will get a list to Forrest.
did you not comprehend?
I thought you would have understood that I didn't want this solemn thread to dissolve into the banter as seen here. Some members are really struggling right now and simply couldn't speak. I was in hopes we would all understand that, thus using PMs would be a way to circumvent the issues of fighting through one's grief.

I don't remember opening this for nominations. I want those who have something to share to come forward via PM. If you have someone in mind, please honor Andrew and that person by using a PM and ask them if they would speak and represent all of us who were his "riding chums" and leave the rest of this off forum.

Thenk yew fer yore suhport. Dad's rant over!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received a phone call from Forrest, who will be the Master of Ceremonies at the Funeral. He has asked if 2 to 4 members here would like to speak about Andrew at Mt. Vernon?
Share a lovely Andrew story? Tell the gathering a favorite memory? Explain what Andrew meant to you? Open another facet of Andrew to those in attendance?

Each speaker will be limited to approx 5 minutes and it is requested that you actually be able to speak and share rather thanstand, cry and sob.

Bump? Anyone else?????

While I don't know any of you my name, or by association, I can see from the past few hours of digging around in the forum that Andrew was loved by many and a large part of this community.

It's amazing the community and friendship that grows in a discussion forum. While I'm new to this forum (second posting) I'm not new to discussion forums in general as I host, admin and moderate several others. What can be said for the outreach I've seen here is that you are an amazing group of people, who all shared several threads: A love for great friends and good people, and riding bikes! (along with some good jibber jabber and banter)

So, as someone who has known Andrew quite well for just about 8 years both professionally in business and personally as great friends, I was compelled to join the forum so I could personally thank each of you for your support, kind thoughts, outreach, dontations, suport and so on.

So, from another guy who rides, a close friend of Andrew, and Sherri along with family, thank you. Thank you very much.

Our dear friend, Andrew, while not here physically, lives in spirit enriched by our love for him, just as he has enriched our lives over the years.

Regards-

~Quads (Jasen)

quads / at / pcpotato dot com

There will be some of us coming up Sunday prior. Currently, Fairlaner, Barabus, dCarver and myself will be having diner somewhere Sunday night. For those who are local or coming early, please feel free to join us. Fairlaner and I have no idea as to location, so suggestions are welcome.
-TWN
Where do you all plan to stay? I want to pick out a great restaurant/bar within staggering distance of your temporary residence!

There will be some of us coming up Sunday prior. Currently, Fairlaner, Barabus, dCarver and myself will be having diner somewhere Sunday night. For those who are local or coming early, please feel free to join us. Fairlaner and I have no idea as to location, so suggestions are welcome.
-TWN
Where do you all plan to stay? I want to pick out a great restaurant/bar within staggering distance of your temporary residence!
They're gong to be in Rancho Cordova. Not much "good" there. So far we are talking about Black Angus on Greenback across from the mall.

Sheepherder's in Rancho used to be good ? They want a place with a bar.

-TWN
They're gong to be in Rancho Cordova. Not much "good" there. So far we are talking about Black Angus on Greenback across from the mall.

Sheepherder's in Rancho used to be good ? They want a place with a bar.
I would rather it had a steak than a bar, there has to be bars close to the hotel right?

I will not be eating mexican food this time out.

And Ric we are stying at a fairfield Inn in Rancho cordova, was $75 with AAA.

R

R

from across the continent my best thoughts, prayers and wishes to Sherri and family. I sincerely hope we can all ride in Andrew's honor and memory Monday. I will tie a small black ribbon on my bike Monday. Though I will not be present there for the service in body I will be there in spirit and thinking of him that day. Regards, Bruce

from across the continent my best thoughts, prayers and wishes to Sherri and family. I sincerely hope we can all ride in Andrew's honor and memory Monday. I will tie a small black ribbon on my bike Monday. Though I will not be present there for the service in body I will be there in spirit and thinking of him that day. Regards, Bruce
This is a good idea...though I don't normally commute on the FJR, I think I will also ride to work Monday in Andrew's honor...

...it would be great if all across this country..the FJRs would be out in salute.

I just received a phone call from Forrest, who will be the Master of Ceremonies at the Funeral. He has asked if 2 to 4 members here would like to speak about Andrew at Mt. Vernon?
Each speaker will be limited to approx 5 minutes and it is requested that you actually be able to speak and share rather than cry and sob.

Bump.

I currently have 3 who will share an Andrew anecdote, a great remembrance, something that touched them. Anyone else?

Does anyone have a headcount for the number of riders showing up here at Roseville Yamaha on Monday? I am going to provide some good Coffee and Bagels for you all while we gather. I figure Andrew always insisted on a good cup of coffee...or 3. So why break tradition?

Anyone with a good idea on number, please speak up!

Zac

Each speaker will be limited to approx 5 minutes and it is requested that you actually be able to speak and share rather than cry and sob.

Bump.

I currently have 3 who will share an Andrew anecdote, a great remembrance, something that touched them. Anyone else?

Does anyone have a headcount for the number of riders showing up here at Roseville Yamaha on Monday? I am going to provide some good Coffee and Bagels for you all while we gather. I figure Andrew always insisted on a good cup of coffee...or 3. So why break tradition?

Zac
I think the count was 17, plus 2 cars and the Patriot Guard riders. I've tried to update the list on the first post of this ride planning thread.

The Semi-Official List of riders:
Bluestreek (?)

Cisco (Zac--Das Rrride Kommandant)

Dive1

eeksnake

exskibum

Glas1/2fjul

Graham & Jeff (Andrew's brothers on Andrew's bikes)

James Burleigh

Niehart

Ol Michael

Painman

Ponyfool

Ric in sac

RsvlFeej

SilveradoSlick

skuehl

weekendrider

PGR Riders.....

AND:

Fairlaner, Barabus and TWN in a "cage"

Toecutter & Eve in their cage.

Zac

Bump.

I couldn't find the post that said a time for meeting at Roseville Yamaha??? What time do you guy's plan to meet? I would like to meet there, but it will depend on the time!! I have to work 6am to 3pm, but may beable to talk the boss into letting me go for a bit to attend! It will also depend on weather if I will ride or not!!!! I hate to say I am a fair weather rider so if there is more then a 10% chance of rain, I wont be riding!!

Thanks,

Kim

ps, I presume this is open to all types of bikes meeting at Yamaha??? Thanks

I couldn't find the post that said a time for meeting at Roseville Yamaha???
SEMI-OFFICIAL MEET PLACE (@ 12:30..er..uhm...LEAVE by1:00 PM):

Roseville Yamaha

(916) 784-2444

2014 Taylor Rd

Roseville, CA

It's in this thread. And yeah, as long as you're on a bike, you're welcome to ride with us. The PGR will be there too. Lots of different makes.

Zac
I think the count was 17, plus 2 cars and the Patriot Guard riders. I've tried to update the list on the first post of this ride planning thread.

The Semi-Official List of riders:
Bluestreek (?)

Cisco (Zac--Das Rrride Kommandant)

Dive1

eeksnake

exskibum

Glas1/2fjul

Graham & Jeff (Andrew's brothers on Andrew's bikes)

James Burleigh

Niehart

Ol Michael

Painman

Ponyfool

Ric in sac

RsvlFeej

SilveradoSlick

skuehl

weekendrider

PGR Riders.....

AND:

Fairlaner, Barabus and TWN in a "cage"

Toecutter & Eve in their cage.

Adding M/M bikeeffects, Iggy and WC in cages. Dale also had a capitol idea: Attend in riding gear... One last tribute to what brought most of us together. I think Andrew would have done the same. :good:

Adding M/M bikeeffects, Iggy and WC in cages. Dale also had a capitol idea: Attend in riding gear... One last tribute to what brought most of us together. I think Andrew would have done the same. :good:
I'm adding to the list on the Ride Planning thread, "Ride to Andrew's Memorial", linked here. I don't plan to follow in my pickup. I'm going to take the truck in case they need help transferring flowers or equipment to the reception. It might do for one of us who knows most of the FJR people to be at Mt. Vernon.

I'll think about the riding apparel. I haven't had mine on since Aug. 18th...y'know what I mean.

Helmets too?

We should be able to get some good looks going down the freeway in the Hybrid. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.