Memorial Services for OrangevaleFJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been on travel the last couple of weeks and didn't know that Andrew passed.

Sherri, I don't know you or your family but my thoughts and prayers are with you from down here near the border. God bless all of you and I hope that the pain of the loss will be replaced with the fondness of memories. Hugs to the kids.

AZ

[SIZE=10pt]For your information:[/SIZE]

because everyone doesn't read all the threads.

From the "Ride to Andrew's Memorial" thread, Warchild wrote:

My attire for the Services will be the same whether we cage or ride: Motoport kevlar pants, Oxtar boots, WFO rallyshirt, Fieldsheer jacket.
And I will carry my bug-encrusted Shoei into the Service with me as well.

Why?

Because few riders were as adamant about ATGATT than Andrew Knight was. I suspect he'd be happy if we were in our gear.

Y'all can wear somber civilian clothes if you like, but I will be in motorcycle attire.
[SIZE=12pt]Add any comments[/SIZE] HERE--on this thread.

There will be some of us coming up Sunday prior. Currently, Fairlaner, Barabus, dCarver and myself will be having diner somewhere Sunday night. For those who are local or coming early, please feel free to join us. Fairlaner and I have no idea as to location, so suggestions are welcome.
-TWN
Where do you all plan to stay? I want to pick out a great restaurant/bar within staggering distance of your temporary residence!
They're gong to be in Rancho Cordova. Not much "good" there. So far we are talking about Black Angus on Greenback across from the mall.

Sheepherder's in Rancho used to be good ? They want a place with a bar.
In case anyone is interested in joining us for dinner Sunday night, I've started another thread. Clickity-CLick on this link!

Last edited by a moderator:
From the "Ride to Andrew's Memorial" thread, Warchild wrote:
My attire for the Services will be the same whether we cage or ride: Motoport kevlar pants, Oxtar boots, WFO rallyshirt, Fieldsheer jacket.
And I will carry my bug-encrusted Shoei into the Service with me as well.

Why?

Because few riders were as adamant about ATGATT than Andrew Knight was. I suspect he'd be happy if we were in our gear.

Y'all can wear somber civilian clothes if you like, but I will be in motorcycle attire.
Excellent. That's the way we roll.

I've decided I can't be there. So I won't be flying out.

I intend to celebrate Andrew at NAFO. The theme that resonates with me is from one of my favorite movies when I was a young punk, "Cooley High".

That theme is:

"This is for the brothers who ain't here."

Sherri,

I am truly sorry that I have never met you guys in person. I feel a loss just the same. Though I can't be there for the services, I will be in spirit. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

God bless,

Bryan

I went to the service today, and I have to say it was really nice! I'm sorry I just don't have the words to describe it! This is the first time I have done something like this. I didnt know Andrew in person, but always' enjoyed his posts over at Pashnit. For some reason this hit harder then I thought it would, specially not knowing him in person. I just had to go to the service. I'm glad I did too!

I met up with the FJR people over at Roseville Yamaha. I want to thank you all for letting me and my Honda ST join in on your honor ride! I was going to take the rear and one of the FJR guy's waved for me to go ahead of him, that was real nice and I felt right at home!!

Thanks for letting a non-FJR rider join the honor ride!!!

Kim

I went to the service today, and I have to say it was really nice! I'm sorry I just don't have the words to describe it! This is the first time I have done something like this. I didnt know Andrew in person, but always' enjoyed his posts over at Pashnit. For some reason this hit harder then I thought it would, specially not knowing him in person. I just had to go to the service. I'm glad I did too!
I met up with the FJR people over at Roseville Yamaha. I want to thank you all for letting me and my Honda ST join in on your honor ride! I was going to take the rear and one of the FJR guy's waved for me to go ahead of him, that was real nice and I felt right at home!!

Thanks for letting a non-FJR rider join the honor ride!!!

Kim
Myhrdly,

I wasn't there. I wish I was, but like so many on this forum I wasn't able to free up the time.

What I can tell you is this:

It was NOT an FJR ride.

It was an Andrew ride.

Your presence is what counted.

Platform agnostic. Just don't matter what you rode. You rode, and that's what's important.

Thanks for being there.

What I can tell you is this:
It was NOT an FJR ride.

It was an Andrew ride.

Your presence is what counted.

Platform agnostic. Just don't matter what you rode. You rode, and that's what's important.

Thanks for being there.
Amen, Brother Hal!

Platform agnostic.
Now THAT's rich.....I'll add that to my vocabulary, if you don't mind...

This was a very moving service for me...

Getting to meet Aaron and Kyla, I got to see Andrew through their eyes... Very good kids!

God Speed Andrew!

Adam

Simply moving. Awesome. Copy of my post in WC's 'Symbology' thread below. (Prolly more appropriate here than there, but my eyes are still teary eyed and, well, what the hell, I'm breaking a rule, so...)

I gotta tell you, it was a beautiful, heart-warming and inspirational service. I just deplaned the Fairlaner Express and ran upstairs to check in on things... More tears, but these are the good type. The healing type.
Andrew's dad could not be in attendance today, but Graham brought a wonderful taped message from him. Since it's digital, I asked Graham to send a copy to the admins for posting here. It is so beautifully eloquent and completely representative of Andrew. When you hear Mr. Knight's voice, compassion and deep, heartfelt words, you will begin to get a true sense of Andrew Knight. And yes, people, the apple did not fall far from the tree.

I'm so very proud to have had the privilege of knowing Andrew, of being his friend and of being part of this huge, warm and caring family.

Peace, my brothers and sisters. Peace.

-Tim

Thank you all for coming! wow. afew people came up to me and were very pushy about their grief (none of you!).. and honestly.. i feel nothing but immense pride to be the son of such a kick ass guy. i foresee an FJR in my future, so i think i'll stick around for abit ;) Thank you all for donating so generously. my dad helped me with my rent (i'm only 19! and going to school) so yeah. it's a tremendous load off my shoulders knowing i wont have to move back in with my mom and i can continue my schoollllllling.

Thanks x abagillion again and again. Hopefully i'll see most of you on the forum AWAY from the RIP section..

oh, yeah.

and have a great turkey day.

Thanks, Aaron. It was our priviledge to honor Andrew for the man and friend he was (and is) to all of us. You are certainly cut in the mold of your dad.

You will have your moments, and as I told Kyla, there are hundreds of people on this forum who have an ear and wisdom to share with you through those times.

Thanks, Aaron. It was our priviledge to honor Andrew for the man and friend he was (and is) to all of us. You are certainly cut in the mold of your dad.
You will have your moments, and as I told Kyla, there are hundreds of people on this forum who have an ear and wisdom to share with you through those times.
Amen

Rog n Debs

Good on ya Aaron. Never will forget your dad. And please hang around the forum as there is alot to learn and gain here. Your in our prayers. PM. <>< ;)

i foresee an FJR in my future, so i think i'll stick around for abit ;)
Aaron, it was easy to pick you out of the crowd. Your dad achieved a piece of immortality when you came along.

Doesn't anybody have a picture of Aaron to post here? Aaron?

Hey, anyone notice? In the PGR thread, Highlander's and MCML's photos show gloomy skies prior to the service, right? Anyone make note of the warm, sunny skies that followed the service? Coincidence? I think not.

Hey, anyone notice? In the PGR thread, Highlander's and MCML's photos show gloomy skies prior to the service, right? Anyone make note of the warm, sunny skies that followed the service? Coincidence? I think not.
We even had some light sprinkles before the service started. And no fog on the way home=80mph. :)

i foresee an FJR in my future, so i think i'll stick around for abit ;)
Aaron, it was easy to pick you out of the crowd. Your dad achieved a piece of immortality when you came along.

Doesn't anybody have a picture of Aaron to post here? Aaron?
How's this?

with_A_2.jpg

Btw, Toecutter - you're firmly embedded in my top people of all time. Thanks so much for everything that you have

done and been for Andrew.

Graham

Status
Not open for further replies.