Mike and Rob's 50 - 50 Twisty tour.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. Nice back of the napkin itinerary. I'm lookin' forward to enjoying your trip vicariously through the trip reports. You still got the Hello Kitty road laptop, Rob?

As for 6 weeks vacation... you must be livin' right. I just reached that plateau this year as a reward for workin' 30 years at the same f'n place.
mda.gif
I should'a got in with a family bidness.
vinsent.gif
Yes I do have the hello kitty computer still. lol

I spent almost 26 years at GM before taking early retirement in the summer of 09. So when I was hired at this place I let it be known that riding was very important to me.

Rob

We have lots of space for y'all, your bikes, tools to borrow etc.

jmgriff across the lake has a nice tire changer if that's needed.

Looks like you'll also be near around the time that vivacious Barb has planned WCR in these parts. Lots of options!

Sounds like a great trip - I'm kind of close to the start / end, but if you find yourself in need while in my neck of the woods, drop me a note.

So less than a month and Mike and I head out. I have purchased a SPOT tracker. 2 Go Pro cameras. Mike and have synced our SENA's . Downloaded our music. New tires, all fluids changed, new clutch, greased and lubed everything I can think of , break pads.

Sunday, I'm heading for Bill's ( yamafitter )so he and Ray (rayzerman19) can do my valve check and carb sync before I give them any beer. Real beer. CANADIAN !!! The best Molson's makes.

Before I go my wife has a few things on the to do list. Open the pool, open the trailer, new deck on the trailer, new sun room on the trailer, get the boat in the water, golf cart delivered to trailer, ATV delivered to trailer, snow tires off the pick up, so that when she gets home from Florida she can sit and drink wine! The things I do for her.

All the while running my tow truck all over southern Ontario!

So... if you are following along we will keep track of all Forum members we come in contact with. Ride with us. Camp with us. Feed us. I'm curious to see how many we actually hook up with.

Phew

Rob

ps GO LEAFS GO!!!!

Looks like you're by-passing my area? Hard to tell from the map.

Anyway, I should be back from the UK by then and keeping track of your travels.

Maybe catch up with you somewhere.

Have fun.

Al.

Looks like you're by-passing my area? Hard to tell from the map.Anyway, I should be back from the UK by then and keeping track of your travels.

Maybe catch up with you somewhere.

Have fun.

Al.
Hey Al, our route is static. We just might see you.

Rob

So less than a month and Mike and I head out. I have purchased a SPOT tracker. 2 Go Pro cameras. Mike and have synced our SENA's . Downloaded our music. New tires, all fluids changed, new clutch, greased and lubed everything I can think of , break pads.
Sunday, I'm heading for Bill's ( yamafitter )so he and Ray (rayzerman19) can do my valve check and carb sync before I give them any beer. Real beer. CANADIAN !!! The best Molson's makes.

Before I go my wife has a few things on the to do list. Open the pool, open the trailer, new deck on the trailer, new sun room on the trailer, get the boat in the water, golf cart delivered to trailer, ATV delivered to trailer, snow tires off the pick up, so that when she gets home from Florida she can sit and drink wine! The things I do for her.

So... if you are following along we will keep track of all Forum members we come in contact with. Ride with us. Camp with us. Feed us. I'm curious to see how many we actually hook up with.

Phew

Rob

ps GO LEAFS GO!!!!
That sounds like an incredible journey you are about to embark on. I only learned about it today as I haven't been visiting the forum most of the winter.

Ironically I am planning a trip sometime in June back to my old home in Lindsay - albeit on my late father's Connie - and to give it to my Uncle in Omeemee. I hope I'll come across some decent thunder storms along the way (and shelter under an overpass) as - along with Georgian Bay fishing- those are the two things I miss most about Ontario.

If you pass through Salmon Arm, be sure to send me an PM ahead time as I still have a big log home there with a great view of the lake and plenty of room.

Safe travels.

Phew

Rob

ps GO LEAFS GO!!!!
That sounds like an incredible journey you are about to embark on. I only learned about it today as I haven't been visiting the forum most of the winter.

Ironically I am planning a trip sometime in June back to my old home in Lindsay - albeit on my late father's Connie - and to give it to my Uncle in Omeemee. I hope I'll come across some decent thunder storms along the way (and shelter under an overpass) as - along with Georgian Bay fishing- those are the two things I miss most about Ontario.

If you pass through Salmon Arm, be sure to send me an PM ahead time as I still have a big log home there with a great view of the lake and plenty of room.

Safe travels.
So the world gets smaller! We will definitely PM you. I live in Lindsay still. And yes I have ducked under an overpass during a storm and one of my favorite pass times is to Kayak Georgian Bay.

Rob

So the world gets smaller! We will definitely PM you. I live in Lindsay still. And yes I have ducked under an overpass during a storm and one of my favorite pass times is to Kayak Georgian Bay.

Rob
Did Lindsay escape the recent flooding? The lock must have been going to beat hell!

Minden , Coboconk, and Burnt river were hit hard. Lindsay lock was full. Lots of water. No damage in Lindsay.

Always welcome here - give me a shout/PM when you know more or less when you'll be around Cowtown.

Cold beer, steaks and all that crap... and a garage if you're due for maintenance.

Have fun lads!

Griff

T-3 days to departure and I imagine the jitters are setting in. They always do for me. That last minute prep and packing and wondering just what the hell you forgot this time. At the end of the day, Toothbrush and a couple of CC's.

Go guys go!

T-3 days to departure and I imagine the jitters are setting in. They always do for me. That last minute prep and packing and wondering just what the hell you forgot this time. At the end of the day, Toothbrush and a couple of CC's.
Go guys go!
Go guys go I say as well!!

Drink from that firehose!!