Mike and Rob's 50 - 50 Twisty tour.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Takes lots of pix and notes... after 6 weeks it will kind of blend together.

You lucky ass dawgs!

OK everyone who's still on board, here we go!!!!!!!!!!!

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=681f519ace6b79af8

Spotwalla. Follow Mike and I as we hit the twisty roads of North America. What fun and adventure awaits us. I have a few things I must see. Mike has some must see too, I'm sure. We even got invited to a wedding. I don't think we will still be in their area though. We will try to hook up with ANYONE who gets in contact with us. Mike and I both have the pre trip jitters. So much to do so little time.

So grab your seats and let the adventure begin. WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO

some time after 9 am I think.

Have a great trip guys. Definately the kind of trip most of us would love to take, especially when done with a buddy.

If you guys decide you want to swing out of your way a little to the Twin Cities enroute to Wisc., I'm sure we could get a nice little MN group together for some food, drinks and story telling (your stories). St. Paul ain't that far out of the way.

Be looking forward to following your SPOT.

Have a great trip guys. Definately the kind of trip most of us would love to take, especially when done with a buddy.
If you guys decide you want to swing out of your way a little to the Twin Cities enroute to Wisc., I'm sure we could get a nice little MN group together for some food, drinks and story telling (your stories). St. Paul ain't that far out of the way.

On our return leg of the trip we will likely be in your area. Stay tuned.

Rob

I second that invitation to the Twin Cities. Mike's on the north side of the Cities & I'm on the south so let us know where you guys come through. We're always looking for a reason to get together.
smile.png

I just left a note on your spot! I will be on a short trip around the time you guys may be in the Okanagan? If it works out I have tools,bike lift, tire changer, Beer and a couple of extra beds! I live in Vernon which is on the preferred route to Calgary from BC anyway so isn't really out of your way! Whatever works, I'll keep checking here. Mark.

p.s. just looked at WCR will be around the middle of June in Lake Country (Winfield), just another opportunity to meet a few more westerners?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rob and Mike,

Congrats for starting your epic trip. It appears you might be passing through or near Salmon, ID in late June. I've got some rear tires laying around, a tire changer and balancer, lots of tools, lots of room for camping, and beer in the fridge in the shop/garage. I don't have a lot of farm animals, like some do in Oregon, but I do have a barn and two mules.

If you need anything I'm on the assistance list.

Stop by if you get a chance.

Have FUN!!

Well I made it to the meeting place but Rob is delayed for a bit, so it's chili and Timmies while I wait. Thank goodness were not on any schedule lol. Rob had to work up to the day before we left and has to work the day after we get back

Thanks for all the generous offers, I hope to see many of you in our travels.

Hope I packed everything, if not there's always MasterCard.

Guess we won't make the "flatlands" of Ohio today. No probs, we have lots of time.

Well I made it to the meeting place but Rob is delayed for a bit, so it's chili and Timmies while I wait. Thank goodness were not on any schedule lol. Rob had to work up to the day before we left and has to work the day after we get back Thanks for all the generous offers, I hope to see many of you in our travels. Hope I packed everything, if not there's always MasterCard. Guess we won't make the "flatlands" of Ohio today. No probs, we have lots of time.
At least it's not raining down that way, it's friggen pouring up here. Safe travels Mike, see ya soon.

Take care guys!!!

Give any one of us a call if you guys need anything. Or use some sort of assistance list thingy that I've heard about.

Thanks to all. My day started with a flat tire at 95miles an hour. The valve stem broke off because I put on a little hand grenade valve cap. Oh well. A big shout out to Akermann Cycle Performance in Hamilton Ontario. Fixed me up right away for $25. Thanks to Mick.