more caca in panties

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radiummadman

Reaction score
Have only been deer hunting once, did not have a gun. Haven't eaten deer in years.

WHY do them bastards think it is so funny to see me caca myself ????? Do those

"deer whistlers" work ???

Just as good as Horse Wisperer's... One of your buddy's didnt put some deer lure in your tailbag did they? LOL

I cringe at time of day and locations where they lurk but we have been seeing them out in front yards in the middle of the day now! EXTEND the hunting seasons, there are just too many of them around lately

Last edited by a moderator:
It is scary with them running loose. I once knew a girl who was riding near Yosemite and as she started to pull from the shoulder back onto the road a forest rat came bounding off the side of a hill and landed in her lap on the bike! She was lucky and only sustained a broken arm and some scratches. Bike only scratches. You just never know. PM.

Since 1996, I've hit 3 of them with 3 different bikes. 2 of the 3 deer died; one bike slightly damaged ('85 Madura), one moderately damaged ('83 XS 650), and one totaled ('86 GL 1200). I put a Hornet deer whistle https://www.xp3hornet.com/ on my GSX1100G with mixed results, not sufficiently convinced at this time to install them on my other bikes. IMHO, the best defense is the loudest horn you can find, hope you spot them in time to hold the button down as you approach them. In my experience, the sound annoys them and, if they perceive it as coming after them, they will usually run the other way, YMMV. If I had the $$$ to do it, I'd pass out free spotlights and .30-.30 shells in every Wal Mart parking lot to Bubba and bribe the game wardens to look the other way.

I live in big time deer country. Back in the 80's everyone had deer whistles so I asked a guy at the body shop if they work. He said he fixed as many car with whistles as without. Don't see them anymore around here.

Loud pipes do help as they can hear you coming and be more inclined to move away.I see animals move away sooner when on my bikes which have a growl (my Feejeer is stock).

The real threat is from the ones already running across the road or a horny buck on the move in the fall, they are thinking about nothing but finding some doe action. If you see one ahead cross the road watch out for number 2 and 3!

Saw something today that I'd never seen before. An elk was running along the guardrail in the on coming lane with a pickup "herding it". About the time I grabbed a handful of brake she jumped the guardrail. I did not check to see how far she would tumble to the lake!

I live in big time deer country. Back in the 80's everyone had deer whistles so I asked a guy at the body shop if they work. He said he fixed as many car with whistles as without. Don't see them anymore around here.

Loud pipes do help as they can hear you coming and be more inclined to move away.I see animals move away sooner when on my bikes which have a growl (my Feejeer is stock).

The real threat is from the ones already running across the road or a horny buck on the move in the fall, they are thinking about nothing but finding some doe action. If you see one ahead cross the road watch out for number 2 and 3!
Thru the last 35 years of deer hunting I am convinced that deer are curious animals. "Loud pipes" will get then to come investigate. It is better to be as silent as possible. There is no such thing as deer country. I have seen deer in the city before. The best way to avoid deer is to practice your avoidance skills, and allways be prepaired for whatever steps out in front of you. And sometimes the 2 legged deer are much more dangerous.

Thru the last 35 years of deer hunting I am convinced that deer are curious animals. "Loud pipes" will get then to come investigate. It is better to be as silent as possible. There is no such thing as deer country. I have seen deer in the city before. The best way to avoid deer is to practice your avoidance skills, and allways be prepaired for whatever steps out in front of you. And sometimes the 2 legged deer are much more dangerous.
I agree that they are curious but would also submit a big difference in in curiosity and intelligence from one species to the next. The deer here on Vancouver island are as dumb as nails and they are EVERYWHERE - from the shoulders of the highway to my front lawn. There has not been a day of biking where I havent applies heavy braking due to deer if even as a precautionary measure. Fortunately, most are very acclimatized to the sound of all traffic and most do stay off the roads but typically only by a few feet. In a car you dont even give them a second thought but on a bike you have to be ready for them to spook and leap right into you tank bag. At dusk, it can make for a very unpleasant ride.

In Ontario, the white tail deer not only avoid cars and motorcycle, they seem to know just how far a 308 round can travel and stand just beyond it. :blink:

I want a Glock so I can help keep the deer population in check as they make appearances along side of the road. A one little two little three little deer four little five little six little deer....

If they can try to kill me why can't I try to kill them? Your Honor I did it in self defense as I get hauled off to the poky.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts