Mother of All Mexico Dirt Bike Rides - March in 2015!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
https://www.motodiscovery.com/Huasteca-Mexico-Adventure-Expedition-Motorcycle-Tour

Muchas Gracias Skip, I'll let the M/C Dirt Donks at all 3 forums know that preparations are under way for this "Mother of All Mexico Dirt Bike Rides"!

-----Original Message-----
To: Don Stanley <[email protected]>
Sent: Thu, Dec 26, 2013 10:21 am
Subject: Re: Hola Skip, do you think you would be able to put together a promotional blurb on this Real de Catorce ride for my publication after the first of the year?

Hello Don,

Great to hear from you. I did get your card and note on this.
I'm really excited about the prospects of this ride. The third night in Real de Catorce is good as there is a lot to do and see in the area.
Let me begin to lay our the itinerary on this and see if I can come up with something. The Huasteca is a treasure of great riding both on and off the pavement.
Let me confirm a few of the specifics:
  • start and end in McAllen, TX
  • duration between 10-12 days (the shorter the better for marketing reasons but I feel we shouldn't compromise the quality of the event so however much time it takes to do it right is what we should dedicate to it.)
  • ideal season to be safe should be early March though May...we'll be in high altiplano or sierras through most of this so heat shouldn't be a problem
  • light dual purpose, nothing too demanding or technical
  • I'll see how we can fit in Las Golondrinas as well.
Have a great Christmas Don...this is one I don't think I can miss so hope to share a road with you and Brian and the gang in 2015.

Saludos,
Skip Mascorro

On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 11:01 AM, Don Stanley <[email protected]> wrote:

Hola Skip,

Just wanted to share a few thoughts from Brian Boles and Papa Chuy Viejo regarding proposed ride to Real de Catorce and Huasteca in April of 2015.

Do you think you would be able to put together a promotional blurb on this ride for my publication after the first of the year? When we went to Copper Canyon with MotoDiscovery I had 12 months lead time to promote the event.

If I could give Members of FJR Forum, AZ Beemers and FJRiders 16 months lead time, this increases chances guys could save money for the Catorce trip.

If memory serves me you required at least six participants to make the trip profitable, I believe I can generate at least ten riders from these three forums.

Since this is so far out time wise, I do not expect you to come up with any final pricing in 2014. If you could give us a definite number a year from now that would be great, I'll just reinforce we'll get a great deal from MotoDiscovery!

As BB and I previously mentioned, we definitely want a third night in Real.

Santiago was also a great scenic overnight stop, we would like to do it again.

We'd like to stay at Tamosopo in Huasteca Potosina, if you agree with this.

Cascadas el Meco, El Puente de Dios and Cascada de Minas are “must-sees”!

We know you'll put together a great Real de Catorce y Huasteca ride for us.

Adios mi Amigo,

Don Stanley

2153 E. Kempton Rd.

Chandler, AZ 85225

Cell:
480-440-4666

--
ScreenShot2013-11-06at21210PM.png

685 Persimmon Hill
Bulverde, TX 78163
Toll Free USA & Canada 1(800) 233-0564
PH (830) 438-7744
[email protected]
www.motodiscovery.com

If you wish to Join Our Mailing List, please click on the link below:

https://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?llr=eijyfhdab&p=oi&m=1102973773060

Last edited by a moderator:
Great videos & Excellent link beemerdons.Thanks!!

Glad you enjoyed it Mihalis FJR, if you wanted to go on this adventure with us I can have Skip Mascorro the owner of Moto Discovery arrange a dual sport bike rental for you.

This was a fun ride for Brian and I five years ago: Seven mile ride through the old mining tunnel to Real de Catorce, with the stream running through it! Too difficult to construct a road over the surrounding mountains, so they just interconnected the old mine shafts.

PLEASE NOTE: For those of you interested in this Mexico Dirt Bike adventure coming from overseas or if you currently do not own a dual sport machine: Moto Discovery can provide a rental bike for you, here is our Friend Paolo from Italy riding one of Skip's rentals. Photo is courtesy of yamafitter - Bill F. of Canuckistan.

1104576406_TxToh-L.jpg

These are the famous pools in Mexico we will ride to: "La Huasteca Potosina!" WARNING: yamafitter always swims naked, the Canuck Way eh!

The road from Monterrey to Huasteca, pretty gnarly Dudes! Our rushes could ride this one blindfolded, it will kill Tuscon Joe and Papa Chuy ese!

Hola to all my FJR friends!!
bye.gif

Well its been long time with no posting.

I been playing it low since my off road crash about 2 years ago. FINALLY!! I'm re-motivated again to get back into DS riding with the recent purchase of the latest "Big Gurl" KTM 1190 Adventure R

Don, this ride looks like it's going to be blast! Maybe we can reunite the Copper Canyon Gang!
punk.gif

1497751_701726686536839_715254501_n.jpg

bye.gif

I been playing it low since my off road crash about 2 years ago. FINALLY!! I'm re-motivated again to get back into DS riding with the recent purchase of the latest "Big Gurl" KTM 1190 Adventure R

Don, this ride looks like it's going to be blast! Maybe we can reunite the Copper Canyon Gang!
punk.gif

Absolutely Chris, I was hoping that you would see this! You bet, lets get the Old Copper Canyon Crazies together again. I have the email addresses of Phil and Ken up in Montana and will notify them of this, the only two CC Riders I cannot contact are Paolo in Italy and Pat up in Seattle. Very sorry to hear about your off road crash two years ago, I was unaware of that issue! Your new "Big Gurl" will be perfect for the Real de Catorce y Huasteca Potosina Adventure Trek ese!

bye.gif

punk.gif

Don't put any damn knobbies on it. I hate getting hit with baseball size rocks in the straights.....

smile.png
Howdy Chris. Good to know yer still alive and kickin.....

bye.gif

punk.gif

Don't put any damn knobbies on it. I hate getting hit with baseball size rocks in the straights.....

smile.png
Howdy Chris. Good to know yer still alive and kickin.....
How you been? How's that ST treating you? By the way, I would never do such a thing as kicking up any baseball size rocks at you.....
innocent.gif
You thinking about going on this trip?

As you can see above, I obviously don't know how to use this fancy new forum!
blushing.gif

Here's what I was trying to say to Russ:

Hi Russ!
bye.gif

How you been? How's that ST treating you? By the way, I would never do such a thing as kicking up any baseball size rocks at you.....
innocent.gif

You thinking about going on this trip?