Moto Crew Event Volunteers Needed - San Diego, May 20th, The Overnight (AFSP)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler

Miss Demeanor
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I've participated in The Overnight walk for the American Foundation for the Prevention of Suicide by working on the moto crew. It's an inspiring event and very moving as well. The moto crew is responsible for assisting the walkers at intersections and helping to keep them safe along their journey.

We are in need of more members on the moto crew so I'm posting a link to the event in case there are a few folks that would like to be a part of a really rewarding event - SacMike has done this with me as well. This year is in San Diego on May 20, 7pm-5am. Details here if interested:

https://www.theovernight.org/index.cfm?

Plus one! This will be my 3rd Overnight, and Tyler's 3rd too, at least. Dan/Glas1/2ful and I will be riding down together (his second time) and we'll check out a few Yosemite-area roads on the way for a quick pre-YFO report. Everything Tyler said is so true--rewarding, inspiring, fulfilling, and also really fun. There's a real feeling of all pulling together as this goes on, the city goes to sleep, and the walkers' feet start barking. But they keep walking. I really recommend this highly.

Sam/Nightshine and Sir Richard, hoping to see you both again for this one too.

Dammit. Too far. Will be thinking of y'all and envious of rolling around town on a bike, being official.