My First NEW FJR!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
Just want to announce the arrival of my FIFTH FJR! This one a leftover 2023 that had a very nice markdown at Roseville Yamaha (yeah, Roseville Motorsports now, but it's still Yamaha to me). I was having some grief from the low-milage 2009 I bought last year and wanted to be able to depend on my ride for things like--who knows? Spearfish? Maybe. The eclipse? Too damn late, but I'd have gone if I knew I could count on the bike to get me there and back. I spent a few days getting what goodies I could off the '09, like the Seth Lamm seats, the bag guards (left the engine guards behind), the Admore light bar, and yesterday, got the Clearwater Kristas and Darlas dismounted and ready to install on my New Blue (thinking of breaking my tradition and naming this one for the first time). The first two feejers were blue, so this one is--maybe--"New Blue". We'll see. All I need now is a decent windscreen.

Just want to announce the arrival of my FIFTH FJR! This one a leftover 2023 that had a very nice markdown at Roseville Yamaha (yeah, Roseville Motorsports now, but it's still Yamaha to me). I was having some grief from the low-milage 2009 I bought last year and wanted to be able to depend on my ride for things like--who knows? Spearfish? Maybe. The eclipse? Too damn late, but I'd have gone if I knew I could count on the bike to get me there and back. I spent a few days getting what goodies I could off the '09, like the Seth Lamm seats, the bag guards (left the engine guards behind), the Admore light bar, and yesterday, got the Clearwater Kristas and Darlas dismounted and ready to install on my New Blue (thinking of breaking my tradition and naming this one for the first time). The first two feejers were blue, so this one is--maybe--"New Blue". We'll see. All I need now is a decent windscreen.
Great choice on the new bike. How many miles were on the new one. Seems like a good idea to buy last year's model if you can find one at a Motorsports they want to get rid of!
My 2nd FJR was a 2012 that had 5K on it...It was still sitting in a show room in 2020 for $6,000, so.... SOLD!
Pictures here of your new ride?

I don't know what your height/inseam is (mine is 6'/34"), but the Yamaha touring w/s on the 2018 I just sold was every bit as good as the Cal Sci w/s that I had on my 2006 back in the day. Congrats on your new bike in my favorite color, Cobalt Blue, just like my 2006. Jevers

Congrats and many happy miles!

I don't want to sidetrack the thread but curious about the 2009... how low are the miles and what issues were you having?

I'll be curious if they ever find the issue. I've always been leery of old bikes with low miles.
I concur, especially after being burned by a low mile heavily farkled ST1300 at a really good price. I was so whipped up in the process that I didn't think to check the inside of the fuel tank until I started having clogged fuel filters. I was horrified by the amount of rust! I was able to remedy the situation and ended up selling the bike for what I paid for it and actually sold the farkles for another $1800. Nevermind the countless hours boiling out the tank and lining it with Por 15! I did a write up on the ST1300 forum. Jevers