My green blinkers on my dash won't turn off

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You said you replaced the blinker/hazard switch. Does that mean you replaced the left AND right handlebar switch assemblies?

Last edited by a moderator:
...... the diagram above is incomplete, as far as what draws current from that fuse. It shows all of the flasher wiring, but there's more on that circuit. The taillights and the front markers are supplied by the same fuse, and if that fuse is pulled you have no lights, not just no turn signals. Only headlights and brake lights.
True about the other stuff on that fuse. I was trying to keep it as simple as possible to show that any fault has to be concerned with both side feeds, wherever the 12 volts comes from. The electricity must be going through the flasher "relay" or it wouldn't flash, it must then feed into both left and right indicator circuits.

...This is as confusing as the thread a few weeks ago where that fuse kept blowing on that guy's bike whenever he tried to use the turn signals..... ...

That thread never gave us its resolution (if any).

I wanted to make sure he understood that pulling the fuse to keep the dash lights from flashing was not a solution!

We still don't have an answer about if it's just the dash lights that blink continuously......

...We still don't have an answer about if it's just the dash lights that blink continuously......
Or an answer about changing the hazard switch on the right handlebar. Or if the OP will admit that he was confused about the actuation of the hazard switch
whistle.gif

Specific question to Scotty (we're desperately trying to help):

Are all four of the turn signal lights flashing as well as the green dash repeater lights?

Are there any other strange symptoms such as other lights on that shouldn't be or off that should be on?

Have you checked the operation of the hazard light switch on the right-hand bar, tried with it in both its positions?

If it is the case that you have the hazard light on, expect some ridiculing, it'll be bad today, a lot worse tomorrow (Friday). Anyone who comes to this forum needs a thick skin, so don't rise to any bait.

Are all four of the turn signal lights flashing as well as the green dash repeater lights?

Are there any other strange symptoms such as other lights on that shouldn't be or off that should be on?

Have you checked the operation of the hazard light switch on the right-hand bar, tried with it in both its positions?

If it is the case that you have the hazard light on, expect some ridiculing, it'll be bad today, a lot worse tomorrow (Friday). Anyone who comes to this forum needs a thick skin, so don't rise to any bait.
I've asked that second question at least three times.......
flirt.gif

I guess he/she doesn't want help because he/she's too embarrassed to admit he/she had the flashers button depressed.

Otherwise, why would he/she ignore the attempts by so many who are making efforts to help troubleshoot the issue, and fail to respond?

It's only logical that he/she is embarrassed.

I've asked that second question at least three times....... :flirt:
Yes, but he seems unable to explain his symptoms in a form that is useful. I thought I'd try to simplify it to near-enough yes/no answers. But, no response as yet. Maybe he's unable to look at his bike for a while. Or, maybe it's too embarrassing. Hope so, he'll have fixed his problem.

But it would be nice to know.