My green blinkers on my dash won't turn off

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, disconnect the switch to try and isolate the issue. Test the switch with a continuity tester when it is removed as well.

Report back.

Both sides are flashing or just one side? If both sides, sounds like it might be your 4 way flasher switch

Last edited by a moderator:
Sry i didnt forget anybody. Thx for responding. The relay is brand new and the blinker/hazard switch assembly including wire harness is brand new. The headlights work and both green arrows are flashing. I currently removed the fuse so to stop the flashing. Again Thx for responding.

Is it just the dash arrows flashing, or are your signals flashing, too? The same wires feed all of them, I don't see any way to flash the dash lights without flashing the turn signals, too.

Also, with that fuse pulled you have no tail lights or front marker lights. Your only exterior lighting is headlights and brake lights.

Assuming there is nothing unusual like damaged ground connectors (spiders) the only way BOTH dash lights can be on is the Hazard switch is stuck ON or the turn signal wires are shorted together. For the lights to flash a lot has to be working correctly.

Is it just the dash arrows flashing, or are your signals flashing, too? The same wires feed all of them, I don't see any way to flash the dash lights without flashing the turn signals, too.
Also, with that fuse pulled you have no tail lights or front marker lights. Your only exterior lighting is headlights and brake lights.
^^This^^

Assuming all turn signals are flashing along with the dash lights when the fuse is in, it seems like it's got to be a shorted 4 way switch. Try pulling the connector off of the 4 way switch and see what that does?

He says he replaced the blinker switch, but does he mean the thumb switch for the turn signals, or the hazard switch in the panel?

It could be a short in the wiring so that the circuit thinks the hazard switch is always on. if it blinks with the hazard switch unplugged, then it's a wiring issue.

Fix it. Don't ride around without lights!

it looks very much like a short circuit in the handle. probably the switche warning levels. Simply, if you neutralizes, or disconnects this one spider, your turn signals they work?

Thx for responding. The green arrows just above the speedometer and the tachometer are flashing. The turn signal/hazard thumb switch on the left handle bar and the entire wire harness is brand new. The signal relay is also brand new. All the turn signal lights work.I will unplug the hazard switch as stated by wfooshee and wfooshee ur right i should not be riding without the turn signals working.I will get back to everybody. Thx again.

...The turn signal/hazard thumb switch on the left handle bar....All the turn signal lights work....
I'm pretty sure this is a typo, isn't the hazard switch on the right handle bar?

"All the turn signal lights work" Does this mean that the lights are flashing along with the green indicators on the dash or do you mean that they work properly with the turn signal switch -- click right, blink right; click left, blink left?

It should be impossible for the emergency flasher to be flashing on the dash and have the turn signals work.

Crossed wire somewhere? New harness? New parts?

Something is hooked up wrong.

Does the Hazard switch supersede the Turn Signal switch? I've just sold my 08 so can't go to the garage and try myself!

Does the Hazard switch supersede the Turn Signal switch? I've just sold my 08 so can't go to the garage and try myself!
Essentially.

The turn signal switch connects the center pin which is the pulsing 12 volts (turn signal relay) to either the left or right signal bulbs. The hazard switch in the OFF position has no connections. When the hazard switch is turned on it connects (essentially shorts together) the pulsing 12 volts to the signaling bulbs on both sides. It doesn't matter which direction the turn signal switch is flipped in, the hazard switch already has the pulsing 12 volts connected to the bulbs
wacko.png

Unless something has been added to the bike, there is simply no way that the dash indicators can flash without the external lights flashing, too. They are triggered in the same circuit.

AND...... the diagram above is incomplete, as far as what draws current from that fuse. It shows all of the flasher wiring, but there's more on that circuit. The taillights and the front markers are supplied by the same fuse, and if that fuse is pulled you have no lights, not just no turn signals. Only headlights and brake lights.

This is as confusing as the thread a few weeks ago where that fuse kept blowing on that guy's bike whenever he tried to use the turn signals..... Speaking of which, here's the diagram I made for that thread of everything that's on that fuse. I did not include the meter panel lights, but they are triggered by the same dark green and chocolate wires as the actual signals, and not a separate circuit.

Hazard%2520Fuse%2520circuit.jpg

It was stated that the turn signals work, even though the meter flashes both sides continuously. Does the meter pattern change at all when a turn signal is engaged? Does the hazard switch also work, flashing all turn signals? There's simply no way, aside from an auxiliary device, for the meter indicators to flash and the exterior lights to work normally.