My Impressions of the MV Motorrad Bar Riser

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those people that don't like to buy from Germany, www.Creativecycleconcepts.com has one in stock and ready to sell. It won't show on the website, but if you email them, they will help you out. I got their info from MV in Germany.
This is one of the places that has them in the USA
I wouldn't be surprised if they ship to US customers for MV. I mean, seriously, I had it three days after I ordered it.

G R E A T Post!!!and Great review earthrooster!!!I believe you must start a new Topic with your installation after some days with your finaly review and the same great post and pictures!!!This adapter It looks realy great on the bike and much better in appearance from the stock potition of the handlebars without the adapter!!!Realy unbelievable delivery time..!!Three days from Germany..??!!!Well..I have an other priority now..but i hope the next month i will buy and my MV adapter,the model with thermometer on for my 04/.I have installing Heli risers two years ago,they are very good but i would like and the angle adjustment..I will buy the MV and i hope for a better comfortable angle for my wrists...

Creative Cycle Concepts now have them on their web site. Unfortunately they are $285 (plus tax for washington residents) and plus shipping too. You can buy direct for at least $45 or so less from the german mfg and they arrive quickly too I understand.

Creative Cycle Concepts now have them on their web site. Unfortunately they are $285 (plus tax for washington residents) and plus shipping too. You can buy direct for at least $45 or so less from the german mfg and they arrive quickly too I understand.
+1 ;) :good: :)

Just my two cents to add:

1. I ordered direct - it really only took three days to get to Alabama from Germany!

2. Total cost about 237$

3. Local bank stopped my credit card due to "unusual" buying pattern! Let your bank know that you're really ordering from Germany via the internet to avoid a surprise.

4. Took about 1 hour to install. Directions not great but OK.

5. Mine came without the logo in the center - don't know why. Maybe I'll fill it with some else?

6. The black caps CANNOT be fit tightly over the original. I don't want rain filling that area so I'll have to figure something.

7. Had to remove the two black tie wraps that hold the electrical stuff going to the left handlebar assembly in order to move the bars closest to me and rotated closer to the centerline. They have a little "arrowhead" that goes into a hole and I just managed to get them to release without having to break or unziptie anything. My bike is an '06. Yours may be different.

8. Well worth the money and effort - riding position is MUCH better and you can always revert back to the original if you're so inclined.

1. I ordered direct - it really only took three days to get to Alabama from Germany!

2. Total cost about 237$

3. Local bank stopped my credit card due to "unusual" buying pattern! Let your bank know that you're really ordering from Germany via the internet to avoid a surprise.

5. Mine came without the logo in the center - don't know why. Maybe I'll fill it with some else?

6. The black caps CANNOT be fit tightly over the original. I don't want rain filling that area so I'll have to figure something.

7. Had to remove the two black tie wraps that hold the electrical stuff going to the left handlebar assembly in order to move the bars closest to me and rotated closer to the centerline. They have a little "arrowhead" that goes into a hole and I just managed to get them to release without having to break or unziptie anything. My bike is an '06. Yours may be different.

8. Well worth the money and effort - riding position is MUCH better and you can always revert back to the original if you're so inclined.
E-mail to the MV and they can send you the Emblem!I think this is a sticker..

2. Total cost about 237$

Pictures..???

Just installed mine and took it for a 20 minute ride. Awasome. Set-up . The plate as far back as possible, handle bars rotated back all the way. Super comfortable now. best money spent so far.

Just installed mine and took it for a 20 minute ride. Awasome. Set-up . The plate as far back as possible, handle bars rotated back all the way. Super comfortable now. best money spent so far.
Great!!! :clapping: :yahoo: :good:

Pictures..??
They all look the same. I haven't tried putting pictures up on this site yet.

I have to ask. What do you gain with this, that one of the aftermarket triple clamps don't provide, other than the ability to rotate the bars a little more?
40mm closer..20mm higher to the driver and 20 degres adjustable back and forward..Have a look in the link if you like..:

https://www.mv-motorrad.de/lshop,showdetail,9162,e,1340267924-12708,1254303433.1331054885,901440,,Tshowrub--1254303433.1331054885,.htm
Yiasou Mihali ti kanis
Yiasou Steved!Kala ime!

Milas Ellinika?

Do you speak Greek?
Ne vre elinas ime

I have a question for you guys that have installed this bar riser. The bars can be moved forward and back or the angle of the bars can be changed. So what is the point were the bars are at the stock angle? Are the bars in the stock position in the middle of the adjustment so you can move them more forward or back toward you? The website really doesn't tell you what the adjustment is compared to the stock angle just how much adjustment you have.

Thanks

Here's the info you need:

"... adjust the handlebars according to line parallel to zero = original position and ....."

meaning, that if you look at the pictures found in this topic, the line of the unit closest to the thin black lines can be set parallel and that's the "original" position. With that said, I have mine pulled as close to the centerline of the bike as possible and that seems to be the "original" position. Thus you can move the "outward" from there if that's what you want. What it doesn't tell you is how many degrees it will move outward - you'd have to experiment.

On a related note, I just thought I'd let y'all know that MV sent me the metal decal that was missing from my original delivery. WITHOUT ASKING! Now that's customer service!!! They do watch this board and I'd highly recommend both them and this farkle. I'm sure you'll be satisfied.

This is top of my list for winter additions. The stock angle has been hard on my hands/wrists. This sounds like a good fix.