My ZX-14 Project Done! Finally!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen

Reaction score
Here's the final product............ except maybe for the single sided exhaust hanger being chromed.

First, the stable:

Dsc00119.jpg

Dsc00120.jpg

Dsc00121.jpg

Dsc00122-1.jpg

Dsc00123-1.jpg

Dsc00124.jpg

Dsc00125.jpg

Dsc00126.jpg

Dsc00127.jpg

At idle:

Revved up:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice.

But with all that bling, ya gotta post a vid of a burnout or a wheelie or a near nekkid chic layin on it...

:)

Nice.But with all that bling, ya gotta post a vid of a burnout or a wheelie or a near nekkid chic layin on it...

:)
I just asked the wifey. She indicated a 'no'..... or she was saluting me..... not sure. I left the room. :blink:

Nice.
Stay out of trouble on that thing.

How frreaking wide is that back tire?
It's a 240. It's sorta interesting blazing through the twisties.............. :dribble:

Very nice!

I have to ask; What have you got going on with the FJR windshield?

I can't quite tell what is going on there.

It's the Yamaha touring windshield. I spray painted the inside black to the point where it sorta kinda matches up with the side windscreens (they're bolted to the shelf above the dash). The black hides the radar detector, satellite radio & gps.... kinda.

Here's a better picture.

FJRZX-143-26-2009008.jpg

Thanks, all. As I've explained before, this project runs a fine line between bling & 'twisty fun'.

Some things were tried & kept; some things were tried & rejected.

Fun project............. not counting the time & money.

Thanks, all. As I've explained before, this project runs a fine line between bling & 'twisty fun'.
Some things were tried & kept; some things were tried & rejected.

Fun project............. not counting the time & money.
Fine line on the bling, suuureeee.... <sir mix a lot baby got back in the background>

The bike handled better in the mountains when stock.

Fine line on the bling, suuureeee.... <sir mix a lot baby got back in the background>
The bike handled better in the mountains when stock.
Actually, for me anyway, it's a push. The bike is much lighter now, the suspension is set up for the mods, and the rear tire makes it easier to change directions rapidly (240 pop up effect). What does hurt a bit is the nearly 200 hp at the rear wheel. At times, the front wheel tends to rise up! :dribble: The wheel base is only 4.5" longer.

That bike is gorgeous.

As anal as I am about keeping my bikes clean.............I just can't imagine trying to keep the wheels, swingarm, etc looking good. It would drive me crazy.

As I said before, that bike is beautiful. Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More! I took it out today for a shakedown run. It was nice! :D

Dsc00135-1.jpg

Dsc00130.jpg

Dsc00133.jpg

Dsc00134.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very tastefully done. Good thought using just 4.5" extend. Proportions correct. When can I ride it? LOL