N GA Thursday July 3 Day Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasportrider

gasportrider
Reaction score
Hi All,

The 4th is almost here and the weather is great in N GA.

Join us for a Rooster's Burger and a day ride in the N GA mountains.

We have 3 riders, so far.

Post or PM if you want to join in.

Jason,

Roosters Cafe is immediately north of the Chevron and Waffle House and just to the southeast of Home Depot at the end of GA 400 with its intersection of GA 60. The turn off for the shopping center is about 100 yards north of the Waffle House at 89 Long Branch Road.

Our goal is to be there for an early lunch at 11:00 AM. They have a really great half pound burger and fries for $7.00.

We'll head north from there and may stay in the mountains past rush hour. Anybody who needs to get back early can check out when needed to join the commuter crowd.

It should be a great riding day.

Looking forward to one and all joining in.

We early birds will be out riding at 6:00 am. If we see you guys later in the day we'll stop for a greet and meet. I'll be on the 07 and my friend will be on an 03. Our plan is to do the 129/180/60/2 to Fort Mtn and then head west to take 100 back down to the poor side of town.

Wish I could, but I'll be spending the day interviewing detention officer applicants. :grrr: "So, you feel your extensive background in the food service industry (McDonalds) has prepared you for a career in law enforcement? Can you tell us your tooth-to-tattoo ratio?"

Have fun.

Wish I could, but I'll be spending the day interviewing detention officer applicants. :grrr: "So, you feel your extensive background in the food service industry (McDonalds) has prepared you for a career in law enforcement? Can you tell us your tooth-to-tattoo ratio?"
Have fun.

Great interview question! I hope you found some great candidates.

Someone driving a black pickup had a corner staked out on 129 near Neel's Gap and was shooting an SLR while we were doing our Thursday ride.

I hope we'll synch up for a ride soon.

Yahoo!! We had a great time on our Thursday ride. JWilly and Colonel Panic along with a friend and Kawi 12R rider named Glenn met for lunch and had a wonderful round of shared stories. JWilly regaled us with his stern but humorous treatment of a GHP who lasered him while he was in route to our lunch meeting. He certainly won the argument walking away with a citation that will have no points and low costs. The GHP even had the Ga Code out on the patrol car while JWilly negotiated. After sharing the great story, JWilly bought lunch! What a guy!!

Colonel Panic shared some great stories that resulted from his life as the son of an Army veteran traveling all over the world. He's a great rider and is busy farkling his feejer.

We hit some super roads and had generally light traffic even though we could see signs of the holiday travel weekend anytime we were near a commercial area. It looks like motorcycling on the weekend will be a bit crowded with cagers.

We strafed both lanes going up 129, rode over to the east on 180, strafed the dual lanes of 75 up and down and then did a gas up and break on the outskirts of Helen. With renewed energy, we partook of the Richard Russell Raceway Parkway and then chilled out in the shadows of Wolf Pen Gap while traveling over to Dale's. There was a fairly nice crowd at Dales as well as TWO. Dale is reported to be recovering well from his recent foot surgery and will soon be having some skin grafts. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers. A great discovery was to see that the GA 60 repaving from Woody Gap to the Fannin County line has already been completed and striped!! The pavement is smooth and tacky and waiting on YOU!

We traveled north on 60 to observe two nearly hidden turnouts on the road side which some less than reputable GHP's are using to run laser setups. The cars are completely out of view and the LEO steps out of the shadows and shoots you in the back with a laser gun. Does that sound like reputable enforcement to you? Guess it makes the till ring!!

Having completed our review of leo operations, we took the back route down toward the apple orchard district, hit the top of Burnt Mountain and then migrated on toward Cumming by 5 ish.

It was a wonderful riding opportunity and should be a big draw for some FJR riders to get out in the future and roll when conditions are good to do so on a weekday.

Thanks to Jason, Lance, and Glenn for making it a super day. It is great to have good riding buddies.

Hope you'll join us on a future ride.

Great ride today Mike! Holy Traffic Batman!! It was really getting bad on my way home!!

Good to see everyone.

JW

Sounds like you guys had a good ride. I was not able to get free Thursday, so we hit the mountains yesterday. I was surprised by the amount of traffic at the start of 400, until I saw five helicopters trying to occupy the same airspace and realized the Peachtree was getting ready to start.

The ride was fantastic! We stopped at the Tomato House to load up on Hot Okra and a few veggies and then we rode 129 to 180 to 60 to 76 to 2/52. The newly paved section of 60 is a beautiful ride!

The temperatures stayed in the 60’s the whole time we were in the mountains! We saw many other bikes including a blue FJR on 60 and a silver FJR on 129. We did not see any LEO’s until later in the day when we were caught in the middle of the 4th parade at Ellijay. I wish I could have gotten a picture of me on the FJR surrounded by horses with young lady riders. The real riding test was not hitting any of the horse chips that were all over the road.

It was my first ride on Fort Mountain and will definitely not be my last. All around great way to spend the 4th - 400 miles of curvy roads and good fellowship.