NAFO #3 - Rally in the Rockies!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Morning Steve O, I posted up a proposed itinerary for NAFO / CFR 2012 last month and after looking at it for a month I still feel it is a pretty good routing. From NAFO to Prince Rupert we can modify the trip anyway we want, we may get advice from the Canuckistani Bogstompers that will help with this routing.

The only date set in cement is the date we must sail from Prince Rupert to Port Hardy on Vancouver Island, that cannot change. However, we will not know that exact date until BC Ferries posts up their Sailing Schedule after the first of the year. Once we know what specific day the ferry sails South, let's book immediately. I am going to pay extra for a cabin for Seth and I, it is a 14 hour sailing and if we want to nap we will have bunks.

The only hotels we must book ahead of time are 1) Prince Rupert. 2) Port Hardy. 3) Victoria on Vancouver Island. We will want hotels as close to the ferry docks as possible for those three nights. Naturally, we will be staying wherever the Frostbacks tell us for Castlegar.

NOTE: SacramentoMike had recommended Jessie's Place Bed and Breakfast and it looks good to Chuy - Phone: 1 250 949-8953 Address: 5710 Hardy Bay Rd. | Port Hardy, BC | V0N 2P0

In regards to starting the trip early: The Stanley Boys are up for that! BUT LET'S NOT MEET IN ARIZONA, IT WILL BE 100F! Let's plan on meeting on Sunday, June 17 in Cedar City, Utah; this will give us two extra days for sightseeing on our way to NAFO / CFR.

Very best regards,

Don and Seth Stanley

Cell: 480-440-4666

[email protected]

Don, have you figured out what we are doing after we leave NAFO # 3, or are you still looking and do we have the date we are leaving and coming back to SO CAL/SO AZ, I think Justin and I will Just Ride over over to Chandler a few days before we leave so we can finish hashing out the plan, and that way we can ride to NAFO together, besides I love June in Pheonix when its 1000 friggin degrees ha ha, any way when you get the Dates we are leaving Chandler and list of hotels and ferrys so I can spend my money let me know. Also has registration for NAFO opened yet and the hotel we are staying at at Castlegar, becuuse I have not done that yet.

Steve O

SETH AND DADDY DON RIDE NAFO AND ALASKA 2012

July 29, 2011

EDIT: Tuesday, June 19; Sunday, June 17: Chandler, AZ to Cedar City, UT; meet up with Steve and Justin Jorstin.

Wednesday, June 20: Cedar City to Idaho Falls, ID. Monday through Wednesday: WHEREVER AND WHATEVER!

Thursday, June 21: Arrival in Castlegar, British Columbia, Canada for NAFO/CFR 2012.

Friday, June 22: NAFO/CFR.

Saturday, June 23: NAFO/CFR.

Sunday, June 24: Castlegar to Clearwater, BC; on the Yellowhead South Highway.

Monday, June 25: Clearwater to Kitwanga, BC; on the Yellowhead Highway.

Tuesday, June 26: Kitwanga to Hyder, Alaska; on the Cassiar Highway.

Wednesday, June 27: Hyder to Prince Rupert, BC.

Thursday, June 28: Sail aboard BC Ferries to Port Hardy on Vancouver Island; The Jorstins and The Stanleys will reserve a stateroom; if we want to nap or have some privacy; this is a 12 hour passage.

https://www.oysterbayresort.com/

Friday, June 29: Today may be a “lay-day” or “catch-up” day, this all depends on the 2012 BC Ferries Sailing Schedule. The Prince Rupert to Port Hardy Southbound ferry sails only on alternate days.

If the ferry sails on Thursday, 6/28 we'll use our layday/catchup day somewhere on Vancouver Island.

As a suggestion, if Miss Barb is back from NAFO/CFR, we can grab lodgings in Campbell River, BC.

If the ferry sails Friday, 6/29 our layday/catchup day will be spent in Prince Rupert fishing/kayaking.

Saturday, June 30: Night spent in Victoria, BC; somewhere close to the Black Ball Ferry docks.

Sunday, July 1: Sail on the first ferry to Port Angeles, Washington; make Redding, California.

Monday, July 2: Redding to Orange, CA; Stanley's stay at Aunties House; Jorstins go to San Diego.

Tuesday, July 3: Seth and Daddy Don depart Orange at 0400, back in Chandler at 1000 hours.

Fourth of July 2012: Seth is back with his Mom Jean for the Holiday.

Last edited by a moderator:
must ...stop...reading ...this ...thread

1. it's...too...far...

2. getting...too ...old... for... this ...stuff....

3. been...there...done...that...

4. same...old...same...old

5. I ...would...get ...a...flat...

6. It ...would... rain.... all... the...way...there...and...back...

7. I'd ... get...lost...

/meh that's only 7 reasons so far, when I reach twenty, I'm outta here!!!!
The list is growing.... The prairie roads are straight as an arrow, the mountain roads are all crooked, you don't have a car tire, nobody will help you wash your bike, you won't find any of your friends there, and well.... what friends? You want us for friends? You crazzy?? You better stay home!!

https://weather.aol.c...AC66F674246F023 111F degrees in Phoenix today and 114F+ tomorrow, 120 straight days of 100+F; Hombres, all tu Papa Chuy Viejo can dream / think about is riding a moto in cool Canada. Hell's Bell's Hosers, I'd even ride in freaking Manitoba!
Don't be badmouthing Manitoba. My dad was from Roblin and would have out ridden you bunch of posers on a John Deere tractor.

I'll be going for a ride tomorrow ...

Bowmanville Weather

I have put this on my schedule for 2012. I just put this into Mapsource-holy crap this is a long way out there from the right coast. Do you have any hurricanes out here?

George

NO hurricanes........

Earthquakes (on the coast of BC, NOT Castlegar) and the odd Tornado (but only in Alberta)

NO hurricanes........

Earthquakes (on the coast of BC, NOT Castlegar) and the odd Tornado (but only in Alberta)
Come on now Barb Baby: What aboot the three "natural disasters" on the right hand of this SW-FOG photo, eh? Hurricanes, earthquakes and tornadoes don't compare to "Los Tres Amoebas!" Muy Peligro, ese!" Those pasty white legs on Bungie scared the Taos, NM Pueblo Indians nearly to death! Gode is the native word for "Ghost"!

You can join this motley crew, eh?

IMG_6337.jpg

Careful, my legs are prolly whiter than Bungie's LOL

we don't "tan" in BC, we rust

Yanno, if the Michaels are to chicken to take their spankings, I could take a few for the team........... :D