Need advice on heated gloves...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

serhan

Reaction score
I need some help on picking some heated gloves. I read about the previous posts, and I cant find a pair that got great reviews. I just ordered the Tour Master liner, and I am looking for a pair of gloves to go along with it.

So far the reviews I found are between bad and worse, does anyone own a pair that they are extremely happy with? or is this impossible when talking about heated gloves...

I am basically looking for

1. Good heat
  2. Water proof
  3. not bulky
  4. less than $200
  5. available in US

Let me know if anyone ran into such pair of gloves.

Thanks....

Don't bother with the TourMaster gloves...too little heat and suspect quality. Once mine die [again] it'll be Gerbings.

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
Do not get the Gerbings G3's they don't breathe and are very sweaty. My guess is the T5's are better. W&S Ultimate touring gloves highly recommended, and that's what I have now.

I've had the Gerbing G3 gloves for a couple seasons and for the most part like them. They are the only gloves I looked at the provided adequate heat for your thumb (2 wires in the thumb). They work well and keep my hands warm. Two things I don't like: They are bulky and the initial cost was high. They are well made and have proven reliable and I haven't had an issue with with the sweaty hand thing.

Got the new Gerbings last year at the bike show. Work pretty well. I've been using the Tourmaster silk glove liners which helps with a better fit.

Warm n Safe Ultimate Touring Heated Gloves gloves are great. I would definitely buy a second pair if these wore out.
+1

I rode to work yesterday from 34 deg. at my house to about 50 deg. down by the coast and my hands were sweating after turning down the heat mid way here. Warm N safe seems to do well with their gloves.

However - I had major issues with customer service with Warm N Safe for 1 whole year. Their controller products had an issue and it took 1 year for them to honor my request for another unit. Everything has worked out but I was/are unhappy with their service.

I need some help on picking some heated gloves. I read about the previous posts, and I cant find a pair that got great reviews. I just ordered the Tour Master liner, and I am looking for a pair of gloves to go along with it.

So far the reviews I found are between bad and worse, does anyone own a pair that they are extremely happy with? or is this impossible when talking about heated gloves...

I am basically looking for

1. Good heat
  2. Water proof
  3. not bulky
  4. less than $200
  5. available in US

Let me know if anyone ran into such pair of gloves.

Thanks....

Gerbling T-5 use the on the FJR in the spring / fall and with the snowmobile in the winter good for over -40 F. Use the heat controler with them or your hands will sweat when the temperatures or work activity is high.

One last question, does anyone use Gerbing's gloves with the wiring that comes with the tour-master synergy jacket? do the sockets match?

S.

One last question, does anyone use Gerbing's gloves with the wiring that comes with the tour-master synergy jacket? do the sockets match?

S.

S.
I have the Gerbling T-5s and use a Synergy heated vest. They have the same plugs ends. I also bought a extra Synergy heat controler and it was cheaper and works fine with the gloves.