Need advice on Two Brothers exhaust

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cavy

Reaction score
I am considering the purchase of Two Brothers cans for the FJR. Need help with can size. I can find pictures of the M2 cans but haven't seen the M5.

Anybody using the M5 cans? How do they fit/look? Would appreciate photos if possible. Also I have had Titanium cans in the past on other bikes but am considering CF. Anything I should know about CF before ordering?Thanks for any input.

First off, nice avatar. ;)

Ynotride, this guy wants to see your cans. :eek: :dribble:

Ynotride has a nice set of CF 2Bros on his 2008, not sure of the model.

***EDIT***

I found a pic of one of ynotrides cans. Enjoy... :eek:

racetech022.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
two different sizes. m2 is 'smaller' m5 is 'bigger'

says so on the site:

Our small oval M-2 V.A.L.E.™ exhaust system features our exclusive Teflon coated, blunted, cast magnesium outlet that not only looks great but also allows for various silencer inserts.

Our large oval M-5 V.A.L.E.™ exhaust system features our exclusive Teflon coated, blunted, cast magnesium that not only looks great but also allows for various silencer inserts.

my pick wud be m5 in CF

Last edited by a moderator:
says so on the site:

Our small oval M-2 V.A.L.E.™ exhaust system features our exclusive Teflon coated, blunted, cast magnesium outlet that not only looks great but also allows for various silencer inserts.

Our large oval M-5 V.A.L.E.™ exhaust system features our exclusive Teflon coated, blunted, cast magnesium that not only looks great but also allows for various silencer inserts.

my pick wud be m5 in CF
im wondering if the sound of the m5 and m2 differ any

ive seen some great deals on ebay on the two bros cf m2 but none of those deals seems to give you any of the power tip options

says so on the site:

my pick wud be m5 in CF
im wondering if the sound of the m5 and m2 differ any

ive seen some great deals on ebay on the two bros cf m2 but none of those deals seems to give you any of the power tip options
I have been told by a friend of mine that has the m5 on his 07 that the m5 has a deeper more mellow sound than the m2. I can tell you that the m5's on his bike sound VERY pleasing to me. Not at all raspy or harsh like some of the fart pipes you hear in most sport bikes. I would definitly consider the m5 if it were me, but I never have heard the m2.

The only difference between the M2 and M5 is the size of the cans. They sound the same.

In my opinion, the M5s are a little too big for the FJR. The kind of look enormous. I also know of an agressive rider with the M5s that is having issues dragging the pipes because they are too big. Either way, they are a pretty pipe, but the M2's seem better suited to the FJR. The CFs are frigging sweet, but lots of money. No issues that I have heard of. They are typical 2Bros quality.

I like my M5's alot and don't have any issues with them dragging. I have scraped my pegs and center stand but never my pipes. I really do like the sound and looks of the CF and I am using the silencer tips. Without them I was setting off my neighbors alarm every time I started my bike. Even with the silencers in you still get the nice rumble. The M5's are the same size as the stock pipes so I dont think they are to big or bad looking.

Here's a few more pics

hal037.jpg

fjrrrr039.jpg

Thanks for your help.

I decided to go with the M5 cans in Titanium.

I installed them yesterday and went for a short ride today. The fit and finish are absolutely great.

The sound is beautiful music to my ears, (but I always wear earplugs). I am very pleased with the deep throaty but not obnoxious sound.

Here is a link to photos if it works. https://picasaweb.google.com/rjcavy/20100619#

Thanks for your help.I decided to go with the M5 cans in Titanium.

I installed them yesterday and went for a short ride today. The fit and finish are absolutely great.

The sound is beautiful music to my ears, (but I always wear earplugs). I am very pleased with the deep throaty but not obnoxious sound.

Here is a link to photos if it works. https://picasaweb.google.com/rjcavy/20100619#
Those look great on your bike! Expecting mine in tomorrow. M5 Titanium. $697.00 , free shipping from Fly-N-Cycle.com. Ordered P1 Power tips also. $28.98 ea. Can't wait to get them on. Hope there are no drawbacks, like more vibration, decreased milage, or whatever.

Thanks for your help.I decided to go with the M5 cans in Titanium.

The Titanium looks really nice on your bike. If I didnt buy mine used I would have bought Titanium.

I was really torn between the CF and the Ti pipes. I Think both look great. I went with the Ti because I have had it before and it is easy to repair small scratches if you need to.

A little Scotch Brite and they look like new.

I'm glad I went with the M5 cans, I think the M2 may have been too small for the bike.