NERDS '11 is On-Line!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, remember me?

Need to blow some cobwebs out of the poor dusty bike, so looks like (once the girl calls me back so I can book) I'll be heading up on Thursday, playing around on Friday and then heading back on Saturday. Will be nice to get out there and let the bike breathe a little!
Hey John, I have been wondering when I'd see you again. You coming stag?

Thanks to Fred & Ed for performing the cat-herding duties that is organizing this type of event. Sooze and I are still looking forward to our snowy shirts.

We left yesterday afternoon and spent last night with Sooze's sister and family. As always, we had a great time visiting with her family.

We're in Brattleboro, VT, tonight, headed for Maine in the morning. One thing I did not do last time we were in Maine: I did not get any lobstah. I'm not much of a fan of Ohio lobstah, so I'm hoping that Maine lobstah is more gooder.

As for the battery: I can't really offer any credible feedback on handling, since we're 2-up and packed too much crap. I will say that the difference in the speed at which the engine turns over is NOTICEABLY improved, pointing to the fact that my old battery had been dying a slow death. And the weight difference when holding them side-by-side is also very noticeable.
By gory Andy I'll tell ya,thos Maine lobstah are wicked good eatin any time of the year.

Yeah, coming up unsupervised this time. Julie's daughter's coming to visit, plus won't have to find someone to watch Moby.

Hey, remember me?

Need to blow some cobwebs out of the poor dusty bike, so looks like (once the girl calls me back so I can book) I'll be heading up on Thursday, playing around on Friday and then heading back on Saturday. Will be nice to get out there and let the bike breathe a little!
Hey John, I have been wondering when I'd see you again. You coming stag?

By gory Andy I'll tell ya,thos Maine lobstah are wicked good eatin any time of the year.

Yessah. That's true.

But a fella don't want to get all spendy on 'em neither.

No-sah. T'wouldn't be right

One of the best things about our timing for the NERDS is it happens to coincide with a 4 game (away) series against the lowly KC Royals. So we won't even be missing any good baseball!! :D (you all do know that your coming to Red Sox nation, right?)

Last edited by a moderator:
You're both going to follow ME.

And you're damned well going to like it picking up my bike.

:D
Fixt for ya MEM. (Couldn't resist...)

Wuss.

DAMN STRAIGHT!
Yes-man.

All I can say is...

Today is a very good day NOT to be having a rally in Vermont New England

I'm sorry for anyone that opted to come in this early. :unsure:

But things are looking up really soon!!
Rode a good hunnert miles in the rain today, but it wasn't bad at all. Sooze never even got cold! It'd just be nice if it would STOP raining already.

Had some lobstah rolls for dinner last night and they were good. I'm not quite to to point of doing all that shell-cracking and crap yet. Maybe next time.

Well there is a remote possibility that I may wander up to Stowe Saturday afternoon/evening. I will be in Western Mass. Thursday and Friday.

Be still my beating Heart, Papa Chuy Viejo just LOVES IT when Miss Mary Ellen talks dirty! Hubba, hubba, hubba!

nerd1.jpg

:fuck:

We've been at Little River cg since Sunday. Had 24 hours of solid rain. Got mud all over every thing. Sun's out now, we're ridin' now that we're not stranded in the campground. No cell service there either. Wife hasn't killed me yet.

Will provide gorey details at Wed nite campfire.

Been thinkin' about you kids, Carl. Pretty rough weather in New England yesterday.

Hope you're dried out by Wednesday... :p

We've been at Little River cg since Sunday. Had 24 hours of solid rain. Got mud all over every thing. Sun's out now, we're ridin' now that we're not stranded in the campground. No cell service there either. Wife hasn't killed me yet.

Will provide gorey details at Wed nite campfire.
Can you say 'motel'?

Saw 3 FJR's today.

2 (looked like an '07 and either an '08 or '09) on Route 2 as we were heading towards Waterbury, and another (not sure of the year) following something like a Versys or KLR over towards Fairfax.

Any of ours?

I'm sitting here having a drink with Airboss in Stowe.

Looks like I've won this stage.
Tomorrow is gonna be the longest day of the year for me. I should just cut out right after work and split the trip in half. Which means.. OH CRAP! I gotta start packin!

K, Printed out my route.

Put a hoodie and a tooth brush in a side bag. (and the socks and under wear!) A couple of shirts. ;)

What did I need to put in the other side case?

I am so frickin’ in route tomorrow!

Spent the night just getting my music synced with my riding! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: