New '14 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lgjhn

Reaction score
I bought a new 2014 FJR last Saturday, but couldn't pick it up till yesterday.

I got it home late last night so really didn't have much time to play with it.

Today, I got to take it out and ride a little bit. I LOVE this bike!!!

Congratulations. Color is a personal preference, but for me that red with black accents is the best to date. Enjoy it.

I hate you. I hate you and hate anyone who does not hate you.

Sorry. Just jealous. It is beautiful.

SW Louisiana? hppants is over in the Lafayette area and I am closer to Baton Rouge. Perhaps we might ride together one day soon. At least we should not have to worry about that white stuff that seems to end "Riding Season" for so many.

Well hell, I was born in Lafayette LA and someday I am going to go see it. She sure is pretty but I wish they would lose the silver panels. I hope it came with saddle bags.

Enjoy the day,

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice ride and nice color!
smile.png

Lucky you, still riding. My 2013 has been in "storage" for a month already......

Well hell, I was born in Lafayette LA and someday I am going to go see it. She sure is pretty but I wish they would lose the silver panels. I hope it came with saddle bags.
Enjoy the day,

Dave
Good lookin' bike. After seeing it w/o the panniers, it may look better with red side panels.

(May have to check into the cost of having that done on my 'future' '14 as I only occasionally have the panniers on)

Thanks guys.

Yes. She came with the bags, but this bike looks so good without em that I'm gonna leave em off for now.

Try leaving em off a BMW, Connie or an ST and see how they look...LOL...they look like crap. Fortunately for us, the FJR looks great either way. I had the dealer put em on just to make sure everything worked ok, and I had them save the box and packing for me.

I just tucked em safely back in the box until I need em for a trip or something.

No sense leaving em on there to accidentally drag a boot toe on.

I'm sorry for making some of you guys jealous, but I've been wanting one of these for a quite a while now.

Almost bought a '13 and then decided to wait. Went to 5 different dealers till I found one that had one. This bike was just coming out of the crate. I bought it immediately before they were even finished with the prep....it was love at first sight.

I had the dealer put both the cages and Rivco pegs on for me along with the center GPS mount and battery tender lead while they were prepping it.

When I left there, I had it just about equipped on extras the way I wanted.

Congrats on the new bike. I'm in Eunice, St. Landry parish.
I'm out in Indian Village on Hwy 383 just west of Kinder.

We ride over to Eunice to the Walmart and Pizza Hut quite often on Saturdays as it's closer than going to Lake Charles.

We'll hook up for a ride maybe down the road. We ride with some guys out of Kinder from our church.

Unfortunately, they all ride cruisers and my wife likes to go but will only ride on the trike. Can you spell S L O W...? They are slow.

The FJR is my solo machine but I'm kinda hoping she'll warm up to it and actually take a ride. I just need to take it easy so as not to frighten her on the first ride.

Congrats on the new bike, love the color!

Enjoy the new ride, you won't be disappointed!!

--G

Congrats on the new ride!

Red is my favorite color for a bike followed by Black.

I agree the FJR is the best looking sport/tourer without the bags.

You also save 24lbs if you leave them off since they weigh 12lbs each.

If I ever get a 2014 I think I'll have the side covers painted to match the Red.

Congrats on the new bike. I'm getting anxious for mine...probably mid-December she'll be in. I'm going to have some farkles sent to D&H to put on before I pick it up (Denali D2 lights, Zumo mount, SAE pigtail for Gerbings and Battery Tender). When I do pick 'er up, watch for pictures.

Good to see some being delivered. My poor '08 has been stripped of her farkles, and is sitting in the corner of the garage pouting! She will make a fine mount for some lucky soul. I am "patiently" waiting for my 14 to arrive.