New BMW 1000 RR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yea, that is one messed up motorcycle for sure. Never made it over to Beaver Run in my 13 month Cleveland experiment.

You mean from Florida to DFW? Why yes, it was a job. Actually, Florida isn't the greatest location in the nation either.

As for Ohio (Also not the greatest location in the nation) it was the other way around. Job took me to Cleveland, job sucked, local tex-mex sucked, shoveling snow sucked, job market sucked, taxes sucked, wife was homesick and missed her family in Dallas, so after 13 months, our rental lease was up and we moved back home.

Now, if I could just get the wife to relocate to the greatest location in the nation, near some actual real mountains, then I'd be happy!
biggrin.png

Hey Jason,

If you like checkout my post under Secret Society of SV riders a couple of post down from this one in the Sportbikes post section as well Post #142,143,144,145. I swapped my SV straight up for a 600, sheese!!! I'm guessing from your screen name your either riding one now or had one in the past, which is it?

Dastardly Dave. #65

I've owned an 01 and an 04. 01 was stolen and I sold my 04 track bike prior to moving back to Dallas. I was relocating my wife and I back home with no promise of a job for either of us, and figured the cash would be nice and not having to haul it across the country would be a bonus. As it happened, I landed a job as soon as I got here and used the cash to pick up a 700 mile DRX400SM. What a hoot of a bike.

I have a bunch of bikes I'd like to own for the track, including an S1000RR, but I may well just end up with a good old cheap SV650.
biggrin.png
I've never had one, but rode one once, and think it might do the job.
biggrin.png

Buy the SV for the races and a GSXR for your track bike, it's the best of both worlds. That being said don't forget to a pickup a FJR for your street mount. Have a Happy Easter........ Dave. #65

I'm confused, why one bike for racing and one for track days??? Why not use one for both?

Great question,

Racing the SV although its a 650 puts you in the Lites class, the GSXR 600 puts you in the Heavy Weights ( liter bikes ) for me it comes down to self preservation. It's one thing to get lapped probably twice on the SV, as being lapped probably 6 or 8 times on the 600. It's also about getting past at maybe 20mph. as opposed to 50 or 60mph by the Liter bikes. That being said maybe this would be a good time to insert the disclaimer, at 62 not only do I not want to get hurt, causing someone else to be injured because I'm way to slow out there, would haunt me for the rest of my life. Also to be painfully honest the only time I'll ever stand on the podium will probably be at 9 o'clock at night with a cold one in my right hand, and the sheriff chasing me out of the paddock because I don't belong there. Have you purshased a new mount since you arrived? That being said, is it Spring yet???? Dastardly Dave. #65

Yea, but you could use the SV for track days as well. No new mounts for me. Well, besides the FJR, but that's about to click over 40K and I'm loving it. Getting some other stuff in line like getting the wife working again and buying a house this next year is taking priorities. We'll see if I can fit an SV, or maybe a S1000RR in my future. Drool.

Obviously you could most certainly use the SV for both and actually until I traded it for the GSXR I did ride it both ways. But after the trade I started using the Gixxer both ways. As I alluded to earlier the SV's are bullet proof, there a heck of a lot easier on your wallet as far as tires and stuff, plastics, but man does that inline four really go when you "Wack It" but you already knew that. Hey!!!!!

Enjoy the Feejer as much as possible they really are a great mix of comfort and speed. ( The emphasis being on the speed aspect) There's 3 of us who race with them.......1 06AE.......1 07, .......and I'm on a 06 with about the same mileage as you 45,000 miles. Most weekends you'll find all of us at the track, but when we have off weeks and there's not family stuff going on you'll find us tearing up the SE corner of OHIO. Did you ever get downtown 26 or 555 when you lived here? It is by far the best place to street race I've ever found! Good luck on finding a SV there's always somebody getting off one! ........Dave. #65