New Horse in the Stable

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRed

Reaction score
I've been wanting to have a bike in my garage that would be better suited to the many dirt roads here in Vermont, but I didn't want to part with my beloved FJR. I tried for quite a while to convince my wife Grace that I "needed" a Super-Tenere to go along with the FJR, but she wasn't buying it. She said I could trade the FJR if I wanted, but two expensive bikes were one more than she though I needed. (How many bikes can you ride at a time? :argue: )

So, last weekend I was surfin the interwebs and happened to come across a listing on craigslist for a 2007 V-Strom 1000 at the local Yamaha dealer here in Burlington. Looked interesting, so I stopped by the dealer at lunch on Tuesday to look at it. Big mistake... Once I saw it, I had to have it. :hyper: It was in fantastic condition and loaded with high-end farkles.

Since it was way less than half the price of a new Tenere (and it's my birthday on Monday), Grace finally gave in and let me buy it.

Long story short. It's in my garage now beside the FJR.

IMG_1626.jpg

The previous owner traded it for a Tenere. He was definitely my kinda guy. He installed just about every high-end farkle you could think of on this bike.

It's got:

Shinko 705 Tires (nearly brand new, still have the little rubber nubbies on the sides)

Sargent Seat

Hella Micro DE Xenon driving lights

Hepko & Becker Engine Guards

Zega Aluminum Side cases

HID Headlights

Progressive Suspension Rear shock

Lowered Footpegs

Givi Windshield / MadStaad adjustable bracket

Aluminum Skid Plate

Fork Brace

Heated Grips

and that's just what I've found so far.

I took it out for a ride this afternoon on some local dirt roads and it is Fan-damn-tastic!!!! :yahoo:

(I hope the FJR doesn't get jealous...)

Ed.

V-Strom 1000 at the local Yamaha dealer here in Burlington. Looked interesting, so I stopped by the dealer at lunch on Tuesday to look at it. Big mistake... Once I saw it, I had to have it. :hyper: It was in fantastic condition and loaded with high-end farkles.
Nice catch Fred! Do you know EdW in NH has one of them too?

Last edited by a moderator:
That should make great company for your FJR. I too have been wanting to get something for a bit of off road riding. I currently have an FZ1 and the FJR but I really doubt that a third bike will get approved by the finance minister (read wife) so I think the FZ1 may be on the way out. :cray:

Nice find Ed, congrats on the purchase! There isn't a day goes by that I kick myself for selling my '06 man-strom.

Enjoy the new ride!

--G

Hmmm, less than half the price and pre-farklized...

I think Grace is a very wise woman.

Congrats and happy birthday!

Congrats on your purchase and Happy Birthday. Funny how we go different riding directions, passing each other along the way.

I had a 2005 man-strom, then got a FJR in 09. The Vstrom just sat. I road my fair share of gravel roads eventually gravel road riding lost its allure in part because the front end moved around a bit. It was like riding 15% out of control 100% of the time and I figured one of these days my time was gonna come and at my age any get off is not pretty.

Be safe and enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
You will love that bike, trust me! It's a wonderful stablemate to the FJR. I love mine, it does everything good!

Great find! We've got the same bike for Tim & the Tenere for me.

Might as well order up new tires already. Tim got 4200 miles out of the Shinkos and that was mostly highway.

Congrats Ed on the new ride and HAPPY B DAY!!! :yahoo: but watch out... you may find your new ride missing with a nice little Beemmer in it's place... and Grace out on HER new ride :yahoo: Smart woman that Grace :lol: Best wishes JAG