New TPMS Hit the Market

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had the smart tire only for about 5 years now with no issues. It saved my bacon a least once and maybe twice. Glad I have it on the bike.

I'm really disappointed with this turn of events. I have purchased several spare sensors (long version for the FJR) so that I have future replacements, so I think I'm OK for the foreseeable future, but sad to see a good product go away...

Just had my tires changed and the new updated stems installed. The display does not show the numerical tire pressure which is about 40 in each tire according to my tire gauge. It only shows three white horizontal dashes for the front and rear.....like when its first turned on. I can toggle the psi and temperature with the top button. Its as if it doesn't recognize the sensors. Anyone else have this issue?

I am still using smarttire with no issues after 5 years now. Saved my bacon a few times now. :)

"Learn/deflate"? I don't remember that when I originally installed the sensors. I don't see installation instructions on the website either. I noticed that the display changes to E1 when the tires warm up.

Orange didn't have the owners manual but I found it elsewhere and fixed it. Thanks Kevin for pointing me in the right direction.