Noisy new bike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has Bridgestone ever made a good tire for a bike?
rolleyes.gif
Yeap!BT020,BT021,BT023GT..
smile.png
Especially the BT023GT that i run now..Great tire!
smile.png
The correct answer to Bust's question would be, "NO." This is the reason they are OEM tires for so many bikes. Cheap and crappy so they get replaced quickly. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Unless I absolutely have to, I will never put another Bridgestone tire on any motorcycle I own.

Has Bridgestone ever made a good tire for a bike?
rolleyes.gif
Yeap!BT020,BT021,BT023GT..
smile.png
Especially the BT023GT that i run now..Great tire!
smile.png
The correct answer to Bust's question would be, "NO." This is the reason they are OEM tires for so many bikes. Cheap and crappy so they get replaced quickly. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Unless I absolutely have to, I will never put another Bridgestone tire on any motorcycle I own.
Well,seriously now,The BT020 especially the front one after few kmiles make all the front of the bike to vibrate very bad!The BT021 was a very good tire,you feel that you have change the suspension front and rear with a softer one.It absorbs the bumps of the road very good!The bike was much more comfortable with this tire!But,after some kmiles and this tire did the same thing in the front of the bike like the BT020 but not very bad as the BT020.The rear was great!About the BT023 i have never tried it.The BT023GT is the best of all the other.Smooth quite riding,absorbs the bumps very good,great grip and until the end of his life i didn't noticed any vibration..This is my personal opinion...
smile.png

I've noticed some handlebar vibes from the BT023GT front tires. I'm on my second one now and it has just started to do it again same as the last one did. But that vibration / feedback doesn't bother me. The tires give good performance in all other regards so why wory about a little buzz?

The rear BT023GT I did not care for in the wet, so I now use PR2 rears with the 023GT fronts and that seems to be a nice balanced combo.