Northern California Riders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Umm, probably. Considering going by for less than the full extent of it and continuing up to Banff and Jasper. I've always wanted to go back there on the bike.

I made an appointment at the DMV for a couple weeks from now (they'll only become available on 1/22) for one of the new "enhanced" Cali driver's licenses. No need to carry a passport to cross with that.

I will be going. I might go up a few days earlier to visit some friends and relatives in Vancouver and Penticton. After I leave CFR I'm heading over to John's ride in Spearfish, but I'm going to take the long way around I think, it depends on weather, others, and which way the bike wants to go.

I made an appointment at the DMV for a couple weeks from now (they'll only become available on 1/22) for one of the new "enhanced" Cali driver's licenses.
They any larger than the original ones??
rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering how many riders from Northern California are headed to the Canadian Ramble, the wife and I are going, the else?
I'm planning on it but still hashing out the details... I've got five more months to plan! ;) Definitely want to hit Banff and Jasper Natl Parks... already got my Canadian parks pass! :D Just trying to figure out whether I want to do that before CFR or after... I need to be in WA for a wedding on 6/30.

We will be leaving from Or. so we may see you on the road. Also plan on seeing some parks so how does one get the Canadian parks pass.

Theresa and I will be going. Haven't worked out the details yet. May be visiting some BMW friends on the way up or back.

I also want to do the parks, not sure if before or between this and Spearfish. Depends on the weather and how long it takes me to get up there, and the family and friends I will be visiting on the way. The pass would be 58 dollars (Canadian), not sure if that is worth it unless I hit 7 or more parks/days in a park @ what seems to be 8.3 a day for me (old fart rate). hmmm.

I have this Saturday (02/03) off, the first Saturday off in about 2 years. Checking to see if anyone is up for a ride or meet for lunch somewhere? Just trying not to waste a rare Saturday off. Weather is showing 69 degrees and no rain for Saturday. Anyone?

This is the best riding time of the year, IMO, when the weather is clear. Nice and cool, and the roads are dry almost everywhere (too bad, but that's a separate issue).

But events are combining to keep me near home.
sad.png
I found a flat Sunday, plugged it, and so far so good pressure-wise, but I'm not sure about trusting it. I'll probably take it in to mount a new rear tire I have in the garage, plus it's time to have it in for that big-deal valve check; I've been putting it off, but guess it's time to kill those two birds. Hope you have a great day of riding and some other locals jump in.

Last edited by a moderator: