Norton club gathering

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penforhire

Reaction score
I saw at least three other FJR's in or around today's Norton club meet in Pasadena, CA. Anyone from here?

There were more non-Norton classics at this meet than Nortons. :)

Some of the restorations were museum-quality to my eye. There was one Vincent that just makes me quiver, thinking of how perfect every surface looked. This one had a reversible rear wheel with two sprockets, so it could quickly change the gear ratio (or did old sprockets fail that often?). I took some pics you can see in my (shameless self-promotion here) blog that I recently started concerning my 1973 BMW R75/5 SWB restoration. See https://penforhire.wordpress.com and let me know what you think.

There is just no way I am going to get my ride anywhere near the quality of some of those amazing vintage rides! But it is a bit inspiring anyway.

I saw at least three other FJR's in or around today's Norton club meet in Pasadena, CA. Anyone from here?
There were more non-Norton classics at this meet than Nortons. :)

Some of the restorations were museum-quality to my eye. There was one Vincent that just makes me quiver, thinking of how perfect every surface looked. This one had a reversible rear wheel with two sprockets, so it could quickly change the gear ratio (or did old sprockets fail that often?). I took some pics you can see in my (shameless self-promotion here) blog that I recently started concerning my 1973 BMW R75/5 SWB restoration. See https://penforhire.wordpress.com and let me know what you think.

There is just no way I am going to get my ride anywhere near the quality of some of those amazing vintage rides! But it is a bit inspiring anyway.
Penforhire:

Great pics! I have always been a big fan of the Vincents. I named my first born after the marque. Fortunately it was a boy. Is that a Guzzi trike I see? I love the prominance of the motor.

I am interested in your restoration. I have a 1979 BMW R100RS that needs restored. I have not tackled it yet. Good luck on yours.

Thanks MKO. Just check in on my blog once in a while and you see what NOT to do. :)

Your R100RS is a great model. Does this look familiar? I saw it at the same Norton club meeting (too many pics to post all) --

341575964_6953af10a8_o.jpg

great pics. it's like a time machine to see those old bikes. I went to an under 250 cc pre 1975 meet and ride. It was wierd to see all those old bikes i lusted for as a kid. Friend of my dad's had a lot of old bikes. Let my dad ride his vincent black shadow i think it was. Scared the crap out my dad. He said it had so much engine power and very little braking power. We had a basket case Norton 500 single. We never did get it finished, ended up selling it. We went the way of Japanese bikes, 305 superhawk, 450 scrambler, cb750 k4 another basket case that we did get finished. It almost finished me with speeding tickets. That was in 81, didn't have a street bike until I got back into it in 05.

Thanks MKO. Just check in on my blog once in a while and you see what NOT to do. :)
Your R100RS is a great model. Does this look familiar? I saw it at the same Norton club meeting (too many pics to post all) --

341575964_6953af10a8_o.jpg
Looks like the RS in the picture is a little newer than mine and in a lot better shape. Thanks for sending the picture.