Official Thank You

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Add my thanks as well. I especially enjoyed the good company and I'm looking forward to next year's event.

Yes, a big thanks to all who worked to put this together from a first timer. I would love to come back next year. [SIZE=14pt]Thanks![/SIZE]

I just hope the pillows are nice next year :yahoo:

AHHHH 'Presheeeate't, yaww'll dun gud!

Thanks for all the ribbing too, y'all. No, it wasn't my dad's bike! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you; Heidi, Jim, Jeff, Brent, Geezer, Grumpy, Scab, & anyone else who may have had anything to do with the planning & execution of this great event. I hope to make it again next year, however with Indy's MotoGP race next September, I'm not sure I could pull off both events?

Tom

:yahoo:

[SIZE=18pt]thank you [/SIZE]

thank you

thank you

for a well organized event.

See you next year, God willing.

Slardy

yep, yep, many thanks. Karma will come back with interest.

however with Indy's MotoGP race next September, I'm not sure I could pull off both events?Tom
Yep, that's my problem. That's a 3 day thing. It might be good to move up the date a little. :rolleyes:

A lot of EOM folks will go to this race. Bring the bike and stay 1 extra day, I'll show you the good roads.

Just so everyone is clear, next EOM only happens if someone new picks up the torch.

It has only happened 4 years in a row because every year some saintly person has stepped up to help.

It's a commitment that no one has wanted past a one time thing.

That commitment is worthy of big thanks from the heart.

Just so everyone is clear, next EOM only happens if someone new picks up the torch.It has only happened 4 years in a row because every year some saintly person has stepped up to help.

It's a commitment that no one has wanted past a one time thing.

That commitment is worthy of big thanks from the heart.
I'm pretty sure that EOM has gone on for the past 5. Not positive on that one... but I'm pretty sure that's right. How about one of you oldens clarify that.

About the Moto GP... when I originally made the EOM plan f/ the 3rd weekend in September I had no idea about the GP. Definitely something to take into consideration for next year's planning... that is if someone decides to pick her up.

Thanks to everyone that put this event together. My first EOM and had a great time. Great rides, fun people, and new friends. I also would like to thank the people who donated door prizes. I'm looking forward to next year.

This was my first big trip (more than 1 day ride), and if I can help it definately not my last.

I too would like to thank those responsible for this. I prob. still haven't grasped the overwhelming amount of effort .

Heck, I'd even like to thank Geezer, CharlieHoss and Grumpy for putting up with me (and waiting for me) all weekend!

Yeah, I want to make thank yous, too. Thank you for the huge assed torque wrench, Charlie. The guys that were working on Mark's bike on Saturday night also thank you for that wrench. Thanks for everyone who brought/bought me a beer or a Red Bull... & thanks to the Warchild look-alike that bought me dinner on Sunday night.

But seriously, Jim and I had a lot of help with this. TO THE CREW... Greg, Brent, Grumpy, Wayne, Doug... (did I forget anyone? my huge apologies if so) thank you for all of your help to pull this off. And to all of those who donated or begged presents... huge, huge thanks.

There was a huge door prize pot. I will be getting my ass in gear to get all of the contributors addresses or ways to contact them. Please do not forget to get in touch with these folks to thank them.

Heidi

Yes, mucho thank to all that put in the effort to made it look so easy. I know that wasn't the case.

Since *most* folks didn't get to hit all of the great routes, there's plenty left over for next year. I know there were plenty of folks looking forward to coming back and finishing up what they left undone :)

I know there's talk about a national meet, but if EOM lives next year I'd vote for a return to WV!

-MD

Oh shit, I just remembered who I forgot to thank. Matt... you totally went out of my head. Please forgive me. Things have been a little overwhelming. How could I forget. Everyone, Matt needs to be recognized as the person to do the finishing touches to the mapping.

He is the person who went thru & provided all distances to next turns so that folks following paper directions weren't looking for a turn in a mile that actually occured 20 miles down the road.

My most humble apologies.

Yes, mucho thank to all that put in the effort to made it look so easy. I know that wasn't the case.
Since *most* folks didn't get to hit all of the great routes, there's plenty left over for next year. I know there were plenty of folks looking forward to coming back and finishing up what they left undone :)

I know there's talk about a national meet, but if EOM lives next year I'd vote for a return to WV!

-MD
Yeah well, if it happens in WV again I might get my wrist twisted to do a lil' sumthin' to help out. There are so many roads & so little time. Keep in mind that the roads that were mapped are barely touching what is available. There are so many good roads.

I think that there will be an EOM next year. My personal feeling is that there are many of us who cannot afford to go all the way across the US for a few days & we should absolutely & w/o a doubt keep the regional meets going.

EOM is very affordable for me... & great fun, too. I am almost positive that there are others that feel the same way.

I want to thank everyone who pitched in - in so very many different ways. And thanks to all who attended. FJR riders are good folk; I wish I had met each and everyone of you.

It was the best and definitely the biggest birthday party I've ever had! Y'all come back to Almost Motorcycle Heaven soon.

What can I say that has already not been said. Many, many thanks go out to everyone that weaved this event together!!!

Indeed it looked easy but we all know it took a lot of planning, hard work and sacrifice.

THANK YOU!!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Thanks to all.

Special thanks to the gentleman from Canada that had the eagle eye and got that little cap back after I dropped it in the engine while doing the TBS. I was last in about 12 bikes.

I have never seen this many FJRs even in a photo before.

And thanks to WV for having some pretty cool rides.

Mark